A Chat with Snape

I DO NOT OWN THESE CHARACTERS: J.K.ROWLING OWNS THEM. This is just a fanfiction written by a huge HP fan.

----------------------------

HERMIONE'S POV

As she walked up the through the castle, towards her common room, Hermione caught a sight out one of the windows that made her heart pump a little faster in her chest. Draco and Ginny were chatting together, smiling as well. She was really glad that her friends – most of them – had accepted the new Draco so easily after everything that had happened over the past couple of years.

      The only reluctant one was Ron, and insults would still escape his mouth every now and then, which earned him a slap on the arm from either Ginny or herself.

      Everyone had been rather different towards him over the past four weeks, especially after they all heard what happened to him, and when they heard from Hermione about how much he actually had changed.

      Hermione had found herself rather enjoying being around him more often than everyone else. She was really relaxed around him, just as she was with her other friends but it was slightly different with Draco. With her other friends, she could be in the Library trying to read, and would be interrupted by some silly topic such as Quidditch, or would be asked to help with homework, but with Draco in a place like the Library, he was just as silent as she, trying to absorb all the information from that particular book.

      Speaking of Libraries, Hermione was well onto making her way through that whole Library by the time her Hogwarts life would draw to an end. Of course she still had quite some time till that happened, but she wanted to get through the books as fast as possible, still clearly absorbing the information as well.

      She continued on up through the Hogwarts castle, after glancing once more at Draco and Ginny, and made her way through different passageways she had come to know over the years, with different passwords she had come to acquire.

      She finally reached the Room of Requirement entrance and she thought of the common room she had come to love, just as much as the Gryffindor one itself. She thought about that room hard, and she soon enough felt the change of magic in the air, and heard the grunts of Professor Snape as he was awoken from his afternoon nap.

      She didn’t care how rude he had been towards Draco and herself, she still considered him a former Professor, and herself a kind and courteous woman.

      “Oh, I’m sorry for waking you Professor. I didn’t think you would be sleeping this early in the day.” She gave him a small apologetic smile. He looked down at her with those black eyes of his. The portrait was quite large of course, so she was looking up at him. But looking up into those eyes of his, they seemed different today, even in his portrait form. They didn’t seem as malicious as usual.

      “Yes, well I wouldn’t be awoken by students if they had have put me in the Headmaster’s office where I belong.” He spat, that malicious gleam quickly showing up in his eyes.

      “They should have put you in there. You were a Headmaster after all. Why didn’t they place you in there next to Dumbledore?” His eyes, which were staring off into nothing suddenly flickered towards Hermione.

      “Why do you care Granger? You always hated me.” He answered her question with a question.

      “And you always hated me, but that’s not the point.”

      “Then tell me Granger, what is the point?”

      “The point is, no matter how much you and I hated each other while you were alive, I don’t hate you now. And the other part of the point is, you were a Headmaster, and should have been put in that office, even if you being Headmaster caused havoc at this school.” His painted eyes stayed glued to her the entire time.