Part 4

Professor Brendon Urie stood by the window, browsing trough his phone, looking intimidating and well dressed

Professor Brendon Urie stood by the window, browsing trough his phone, looking intimidating and well dressed... Mr. Urie was a walking definition of style. I had no idea what he looked like, when he was at home, but he was always well dressed, when he was at the university. Sometimes I had to wonder, how can he afford that all, but then again, he also drove a very expensive car and wore a watch, which was probably worth more than three months' rent for my apartment...

"Hey, you!" He noticed me suddenly, "Got what you needed?"

"What?" I got frightened by his sudden referral.

"Books." He pointed towards my bag.

"Oh... Yeah... Got to have those." I felt utterly silly, when I understood what he was talking about.

"Good." He spoke confidently as he took his own briefcase from the window sill, "I hope that you don't mind if I ask you take a little walk with me. I need to visit the central building and meanwhile, we can discuss the project, which I wanted to offer you."

"Sure, I don't mind walking at all."

He smiled and I realized that everything what I said sounded rather awkward.

"Great. Is your jacket in wardrobe?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, lets go then, shall we?" Mr. Urie spoke as he started to walk towards the wardrobe. I tried catch up with him, while keeping my mouth shut in order to avoid any other stupid phrase coming of it.

We collected our jackets and soon we were outside the faculty. It was past four o'clock already and the sun was setting, but the warm spring air made the weather seem quite pleasant.

Mr. Urie closed the door behind me and soon we were walking towards the street, which lead to the central building of the faculty. It wasn't a long distance, probably minutes 15 or so...

"Well..." Mr. Uries spoke, "How are you doing?"

"I am doing fine." I smiled shyly, "How are you?"

"The usual... work, home, friends, studies." he spoke calmly as we stopped by the crosswalk. "I am sorry that I tried to avoid you."

I kept my look on the street, but I know that the confusion was written all across my face. He actually admitted it- he admitted that he has been  avoiding me on purpose...

"I didn't mean to make you feel upset or hurt..."

"That's okay." I said quietly and turned my head just to catch the gaze of his dark brown eyes, "I was irrational... I mean- what was I even thinking. You are my professor... mentor even. I should have never..."

"Stop that." he smirked at me, "I mean... It is not like I have never thought about dating a student. There are students in second and third course, who are close to my age, but... well, you know what I mean." He looked away uncomfortably.