My Boring Everyday

A/N: I wanted to apologize for slacking on my writing. I'm starting to get drowned in school work, so thanks in advance for your patience with me.

As always, feel free to drop comments about anything, I swear I'll reply. I know my writing can tend to be all over the place, so don't hold back any criticisms!

If you like it don't forget to VOTE!

Hope you enjoy!~

"Ridinger, Ridinger...one moment please." The young lady at the front desk slowly turned her back to the side, while faking that she was looking through the student records.

How have I gotten into this mess? Well, it's a bit of a long, humiliating story. After Arian had found my bra in his gym bag, I not-so-casually pretended to be shook out of my mind. For some reason, it proved to be way too embarrassing to admit that it was actually mine, especially after all of my other recent mess ups. Like a good student, he was determined to return the item, which explains why we're currently standing here at the office. Weird, he wasn't that embarrassed about it. It was kind of strange seeing him innocently carrying it around the school, while I could barely keep from screaming and running past the security at the front gate. I guess his emotions really aren't all that consistent. Hmm...maybe that wasn't such a long story?

"Ah!" she exclaimed with a fraud enthusiasm, "Found it! Now, if you would just leave it here, and I will return it myself to the student." She winked in my direction, knowing what a relief this was for me. As soon as Arian was satisfied, he left quickly to his next class. Once out of the office, I went behind the counter and hugged the receptionist. Now, before you think I'm a complete freak, she is in fact my aunt, Jane Caison. i don't go around hugging random staff members. In short, she's father's sister. Unlike him, she's extremely kind, and always tries her best to stay in contact with the family. Jane is a lot more like a sister in actuality than my aunt. First of all, she's barely older than me at 26, and after her divorce, she's living the single life just like me...or at least pretty soon, anyway.

I could see her holding in an obvious laugh, as her cheeks quickly reddened, "So? Tell me. What was all of that about, Lizzy?"

I couldn't help but roll my eyes. It wasn't that I was embarrassed to tell her, but it was more like I couldn't find where to start, "I don't know, Jane," I gathered my thoughts, "it was just all an accident." There wasn't much there.

She raised an eyebrow at me, clearly suspicious of the simple response. Rumors fall to all ears, "Alright. Well, tell me about that boy, then. He's not really the type I see you hanging around."

Thank you Jane for always being so considerate! Man is she great! With new found excitement, I related the events that transpired, starting from the time we first met to the awkward encounter in the boy's locker rooms, however, I did avoid my confession, as I really wasn't looking for any lectures right at this point.

"Wow! That's so exciting! I'm really happy for you," she looked at the clock, "Oh my god, you have to get to class, and I didn't get to ask you about this morning! If that kid ever lays a hand on you again, please come talk to me, and we'll get it all straitened out for you."

"Actually, do you think you could sign me out? I'm just not feeling too excited for math after all of this," I looked up at her, trying my best to give the necessary puppy dog eyes.

"Alright, alright. Just make sure you do your make up work, okay?"

I thanked Jane for her kindness. After sending a quick text to Ruby and Camilla, I exited through the gates of hell.

*****

Unfortunately, I forgot that I had slept over Ruby's house when I had asked Jane to let me go home early. My whole body felt sore by the time I got to my room, and had fallen into bed. I'm never exercising again! I looked around my room, admiring the familiar and comfortable aura. It's strange how much you learn to enjoy the privacy of your own bedroom, even if you're away just for a little while. I'll admit, I really like to talk and know quite a lot of people (alright, go ahead, make fun that I only have two friends, I have more, I swear!), but somehow, the quietness seems a lot more inviting. The lingering air and the steady vibes make me feel at ease. There's no one for me to please, and I don't have to force myself to be someone else. (Sweet rhyme, am I right?) Responsibility is also completely thrown away, as I rest my head on the soft pillow, and completely cover my shaking body under the protective warmth of thick blankets. I could also hear the wind, lightly tapping my windows, and also the breeze that slowly shook neighboring wind chimes on a front porch. I stared up at the ceiling, carefully following the patterns of the popcorn walls. In a sense, it was a bit like cloud gazing, strangely addicting.