This is war

Kevin pulled the car up to Tom's house. It was a large house, and very expensive. I guess his family was wealthy. Once again, I took off my hat and held it by my side as I walked up to the front door. I decided to knock instead of ringing to doorbell just to switch things from going like they did before. Shortly after I knocked, both parents opened the door not expecting to see a uniformed man at their doorstep.

"May I come in?" I asked them. They nodded their heads yes and invited me inside.

"Your son has died from a recent mission to take over some selected territory. Another man has also died with him. I'm sorry." I said kind of quickly because I knew it wasn't true.

"Is this true?" The woman asked shakily. I nodded yes.

"You came all this way just to tell me my son has been killed? You don't even bring his body! The chief should be telling us this himself since he is the one who killed him." The father raised his voice at me.

"Sir, we are having a ceremony for those killed. You may come." I replied.

"You disgust me! We are America and people don't do anything for a man that dedicated his life to watch! You just sit around all day not having a care in the world!" The man made his voice louder after each sentence.

"I'm very sorry about your son's death." That was all I could think of.

"I want you out. The chief can come back and tell us this if he even cares."
I left without a word, those parents angry at me.

I closed the car door behind me and buckled in the passenger seat. I ran my fingers through my short hair.

"I'm guessing it didn't go well?" Kevin asked me. I looked at him.

"No, Kevin, it didn't. They are mad at me since we didn't do more to help."

"You are now." I knew he said that because of the plan we were doing.

"I've been thinking. Kevin, I need to get Zane and Tom back. Our whole team does. Those parents are crushed right now because of one little white lie. We need to get them." I replied. After a couple of minutes, the Walkie in our car began to go off. Kevin picked it up.

"Kevin reporting with Austin, we are returning from delivering the message. Is there a problem?" He spoke into the Walkie.

"Kevin, we had gotten recent Intel that the will be another terrorist strike aimed for us. We don't know whether they will be disguised in cars or planes, but we need you two to get back here fast in case they are following you." The chief reported.

"Yes, sir. Coming back now. Out." He set the Walkie down. We began speeding up dodging slower cars. I remained keeping an eye out for mysterious cars on the highway we were driving on. For the last minute or two, I spotted nothing. Suddenly, a black van going almost the same speed as us swerved behind us.

"Kevin, behind you." I said. He looked in his side mirror and knew instantly that it was the terrorists from the pictures he studied after the attack a few days ago.

"Shit." He said. He began going faster, swerving multiple cars. Unfortunately, the black van continued to drive right on our tail.

"Go, go, go!" I shouted. The man in the passenger seat took out a gun and began shooting at us through his now broken windshield. Bullets hit our car but luckily it was bullet proof. But wanna know what isn't bullet proof? The wheels. The terrorist shot at our back right wheel and unluckily shot it. The wheel went out and our car swerved to the side. Kevin tried to keep the car as still as possible but it was too late. As soon as the wheel's metal hit the pavement, it sent our car rolling multiple times and it finally stopped rolling once our car hit another car. We ended upside down.

Shortly after the car stopped upside down, I quickly regained consciousness. Struggling to unbuckle myself, I looked over at Kevin. He was unconscious with a badly hit part of his temple. Finally, my fingers found the right position and I was unable to unbuckle myself, falling out of my seat. As soon as I wasn't upside down anymore, I crawled over to Kevin.

"Wake up." I murmured to myself.

"Wake up!" Louder. I slightly began to shake him when his eyes opened. Since he was still upside down, he unbuckled himself and we both crawled out the shattered window. It smelled like oil. The terrorists were nowhere in sight. I patted my pockets but knew it was missing.

"Hold on." I told him. He looked at me doubtfully.

"Don't go back! The engine has a hole in it and hadn't you noticed the leaking oil? It will blow up while you're still in there!" He told me. But I had to go. I ran back to the car and crawled back through the window. I searched frantically for the missing item and finally found it. I quickly grabbed it in my palm and curled my dirty fingers around them. I hurriedly left the car running towards Kevin. Suddenly, the engine exploded sending both Kevin and I through the air. I landed hard on the ground and to my surprise, Kevin was already on his feet. I lay there on the ground and with all the energy I had, I came up on my hands and knees taking long deep breaths. I stared at the ground, the shattered pieces of glass digging into my palms. The ringing in my ears got quieter but remained there and I slowly got to my feet.

Suddenly, army cars quickly stopped at the scene. The chief ran out and came up to me while the Naval head officer came up to Kevin.

"Austin! What happened?" He asked me staring at the scene in shock.

"How did they know we were there?" I asked him referring to the terrorists.

"The terrorists did this to you? They must have tracked you down. Are you both okay?" He asked me. It still made no sense to me how they found us. They must have gotten Intel form somewhere. I remained staring at the ground taking breaths into my lungs. The chief got my attention when he said my name a second time and I looked up at him.

"We are fine." I responded. "They aren't gonna stop attacking us."

"Just finish the planned mission tomorrow and we will go from there." He responded. Sure we will finish a mission tomorrow. Just not the chief's planned mission. After everything began to calm down, the chief drove me back to the base while the head Naval officer took Kevin back.

"Okay, guys. We need to go over this plan and have it down perfectly." I exclaimed while walking into our bunks. Everyone was there expecting me tonight since I wasn't the for most of the other nights.
"The chief told us what happened." Henry began.

"So you know we have to defeat them because they won't stop until they pick off every last one of us." Added Cam.

"Okay. So here is the plan. It will be hard to get off the plane and to the correct destination without the chief noticing. So," I began telling everyone about the plan and talked to the pilot about how to make it look like we are going in the correct  direction when we are not without the chief knowing. I guess we talked about it too much because soon enough came dawn.

"Attention!" The chief yelled. We began putting our armor and camouflage on. I looked at everyone and they did the same knowing we were all nervous. This was going to be hard.

A&N
Hey guys. I tried to keep it as realistic as possible but please please please let me know if it's not and what part may not be. I can change it. I hope you like it and keep reading!
One question that raises about the book so far:
What did Austin go back to get?
How did the terrorists know where they were?
That question will be answered in the next chapter. Stay tuned!