Don't do eveyrthing you're told

Commander's POV
He hung up I thought to myself. What does he see? Is something wrong? All of these thoughts swirled around in my mind like birds circling its dinner.

"Can you get contact of them?" I said worriedly to one of the computer specialist.

"No, sir. They weren't on the phone long enough for us to track their place. All we know is what they told us- they are at the battlefield." One of the men replied. For some reason everything that was going on felt like my fault. I knew it wasn't since those boys decided this for themselves. But I should have seen it coming. Maybe it really was my fault.

"Sir," I heard the same man I talked to only moments before call me. I walked over to him fast.
"What is it?" I was desperate to know the answer.

"We had all of the Walkie's at green, but now they are all disabled." Shit. In the Walkie's, we placed a special transmitter that broadcasts the condition they are in in case they are broken or need the battery changed directly to out computers. Red meant the opposite- broken or new batteries. I just hope they weren't broken.

Zane's POV
After a few minutes of hiding, we never saw any more terrorists, so far. So we decided to leave the bodies and continue walking. After what felt like forever, we saw something in the distance. We stopped walking.

"What is that?" I asked squinting to get a better view of the distant object.

"It's water!" Tom excitedly squeaked. I never really paid much attention to how thirsty I was until Tom mentioned water. I was busy with other worries, I guess. I could feel my throat burn every time I swallowed. It almost made water come to my eyes. Tom began running to the water and I followed behind, our guns clanking as they hit our metal ammo packs. Tim reached the water first and he ran into the deep water that came up to his chest, cleaning the dirt off of him. When I reached the water, I practically fell into it, going underneath the water. I felt the cool water touch my face and soak my hair. I popped my head out of the water finding the ground beneath my. Running my fingers through my soaking hair, I looked at Tom who was already out of the water. He was sitting on the edge of the water staring down at it. I swam towards him and climbed out.

"What?" I asked him.

"Our whole section was willing to come and save us." He began still staring at the water. "But what is the point in saving us when they could lose their own lives? Yes, save two loves but lose more? I don't know, it seems impossible. How are we going to make it a place we don't know where to look for? We don't even know where we are, and we saw two enemies. It could mean we are getting closer to their base. Something just, it feels like something is missing."

"What you're missing is home. Tom, no one has ever been through this in years. The fact that we are, and still alive, is a miracle. Don't waste it." I replied to him. "Yes, me might be hungry and tired, but at least we are not thirsty anymore."

"So where do we go?" He asked.

"Hold on." I pulled out my Walkie and began radioing in. It was weird that we had such good signal here when we didn't a few hours ago. We need to explore this territory more to see what is here.
"Chief, we don't know where to go. We killed two terrorists and haven't seen anymore. Now we are by a small body of water. Is that on your map?" I asked him.

"Look, there are many bodies of water in this area. Ca-" I cut him off in mid sentence.

"Shit! Chief, you're our boss and we need help. We are stranded behind enemy lines and you seem so calm that I don't even think you would do anything different if we died." I snapped.

"Zane!" I yelled. And I even said up his name over the radio which shouldn't be done. I began to calm back down. "You're a soldier who is behind enemy lines. Yes, it's hard but we are trying everything we can to get you guys back. We put you on the news and we sent a whole team to save you guys. And you think we don't care? Of course we care! Everyone who joins the American army are brothers and sisters. They fight together. So please, you both better stay alive and we will find you. Do you hear me? We will find you."

There was a long pause as I listened to what the chief said. Finally, I decided to respond.

"Yes, sir. We will stay put until you find us unless something happens. We can report to you if we hear or see something suspicious." I said with a less energetic tone than I had before. "Over and out." I put the Walkie away and walked over to Tom.

"We have to stay here unless we hear or see anything weird." I said.

"Until whenever?" Tom asked.

"Until they find us. But if you're thinking what I'm thinking, I don't think we should. We have a better chance of being found if we stay out than traveling."

"I agree. I should have told you earlier before you talked to the chief, but I recognize this place."
"You do?" I asked curiously.

"Not the water. Over by that tree." Tom pointed to a specific tree far away. "I remember tripping on a rock over there while running. But I think that is all I will recognize unless I see something familiar."
"Well, it's a start. We can go back the way we ran from that rock. I don't think we ran in a straight line b at least we will be close."

"Okay." Tom agreed. We packed up our stuff and reloaded our guns, prepared for anything we might run into on our "walk."

A&N
I hoped you guys liked this chapter. I took me longer than usual because it was harder to think of. I tried to keep the commander's POV out of this chapter but I will write about it next chapter. Get ready because this book will get more exciting in the next few chapter. I promise! Please keep reading!