Introduction

My friends and I have always been different from the humans. For one thing, we're not human. In fact, we're not even sure what we should call ourselves. So we say we are the "Night Wings."

We have small fangs that grow when we get hungry or angry.

We have bright green eyes with flecks of silver in them. They glow golden when we get angry. Our ears are slightly pointed.

Our hair can be any natural color, but we all have blue streaks running through it. The angrier we get, the darker the blue gets.

Everyone of our species is born with a silver snake "tattoo" that spirals around our right arm. It's eyes are gold. They glow about ten times brighter when we fall in love. We hide it by wearing a hoodie.

We also wear hoodies to hide our wings. They are black on the side facing out and gray with white specks on the underside. We have a 14-foot long wingspan.

Our nails are normal most of the time. Except when we are angry or preparing for battle. Then they grow to a point sharp enough to gouge out someone's eyes or brain. I know, it's happened before.

We are amazing horseback riders and archers. All members of our species are born knowing how to ride even the most challenging stallion, and we are born to have perfect aim at all times.

We are almost immortal. We can't die of old age. If that was the case, my friends and I would have been dead long ago. We can only die from a battle wound given from a sword, knife or arrow, or extreme grief. When one of our kind starts dying, the snake on their arm fades away until they're dead.

So yes, this is the story of our lives. It's. long, winding, and complicated, so hold on tight.