Chapter 7: Lesson of the Day: Do NOT Mess with Aurora!!

"Wonderful!" Dr. Valentina exclaimed, clapping her hands together. "You will start training immediately. We'll take you to the gym now."

A team of scientists entered into the room to unlock our cages. Aurora growled at them as she leaped out of the cage.

"I want my stuff back." She announced as the rest of us climbed out of our kennels.

"All of your stuff will be returned to you immediately." Dr. Valentina reassured us.

"Are you sure? All my weapons and my tools?" Aurora asked.

"And my knock-out lipstick?" Zara added.

"What about my iPhone? It has everything on it!" I exclaimed.

"You'll get everything back." Dr. Valentina said.

I sighed and turned to Xavier with a smile on my face. He grinned back at me and moved to my side.

"Oh. And one thing." She added, "You have to compete against each other to see which species is stronger."

"What do you mean compete?" Ash asked, crossing his arms across his chest.

"You're going to fight."

Aurora started to cheer.

********

"First up is Zara and Jett in a battle of seduction." Dr. Valentina announced from the balcony in the gym where they can observe us.

"How do we do this?" Zara asked, pulling out a compact and reapplying some of her knock-out lipstick.

"Pick one person to seduce. That person has to kiss you. You can't kiss them. We'll see who can do it faster." Dr. Valentina explained. "When the bell rings you may begin."

Zara and Jett nodded. Then the bell rung and they split up. Zara headed towards a random scientist, but Jett decided to be ballsy and went immediately to Aurora.

I watched back and forth between the two competitors in amusement.

Zara had the scientist starting to get flustered, but Jett had Aurora flustered the moment he looked at her. Zara's advantage though, was that she didn't have Aurora's stubbornness to deal with.

"I will karate chop your face off, Jett!" Aurora warned.

My point is proven.

I turned my gaze back to Jett and Aurora to see him whispering something in her ear. She immediately flushed bright red and smiled softly.

"Jett!" Aurora exclaimed as he moved closer, backing her into a wall.

A glance in the other direction showed Zara doing the same to the scientist.

"Jett..." Aurora's protests were growing weaker. Jett leaned in to whisper something in her ear again.

Apparently he said the right things, because she grabbed him by his collar and yanked him forward to kiss him. I hurried to look over at Zara who was also being kissed.

I looked up at Dr. Valentina who pursed her lips in disappointment.

"I guess it's a tie!" She announced.

I smiled as Zara stepped away from the scientist in disgust. I looked back over to Aurora and Jett to see them still making out against the wall.

I rolled my eyes and turned my gaze to Dr. Valentina.

"The next competition will be between Aurora and Xavier in a battle of strength." She called out.

Aurora was still kissing Jett, so Xavier started toward the center of the gym by himself. I watched as he started stretching out his arms, rippling his muscles.