|| 2 || Drama

I smile nervously at Dianna and fiddle with my nails. Her face is flushed and she looks like she’s about to explode. When she’s angry, her wrath is volatile.

I remember the first time I had ever seen her angry. It was when a girl called Natasia started getting close to Josh, before they were dating. Josh had been more of a close friend to Dianna last year. Once Dianna found out that Josh wanted to ask out Natasia to the end of year party, Dianna coalesced  a plan –a conniving one that changed Natasia forever. It took months for this plan to work out, as she needed to get close to Natasia, to find out a secret to use against her. One day, Natasia told Dianna something. All this time, Natasia has been stalking her long lost brother and meeting up with him every week. But there was a catch; Natasia had fallen in love with her brother. At last all of Dianna’s work had paid off, when she announced this news to the school. Everyone had been repulsed by this information and left Natasia in elision.  Once the new year began, Natasia had left the school and no one heard from her ever again.

Yes, I bet you’re wondering how I could be friends with someone like that? Well, I’ve known her since middle school and there is good in everyone. Dianna had always comforted me about my sister’s passing and she also arranged the funeral.

“Aren’t you over him?” Claire steps in between us.

“Not fully,” Dianna says with her teeth clenched.

“You lied to us!” Emma gasps. I could tell Emma’s reaction is fake; Emma knows how Dianna acts after being dumped.

“Dianna, calm down,” I say, probably making it worse. This is what life is for me, drama, drama and more drama. Dianna grimaces at me, then does a discreet scowl under her breath.

“I am calm!” Dianna almost yells and everyone stares at us. I look around while Emma tells everyone to leave.

“I won’t go out with him, okay?” I assure her. She exhales in relief. Of course, I know that Dianna has the caprice to slap me across the face at the moment.

“Okay, I’m fine. Someone get me water.” I could still see the poison lurking within her eyes. The look of suspicion is still there.

“Get it yourself.” Claire chuckles and we start walking down the hallway. Ashton glances at me when I walk past, and I try to smile, but t turns into some crooked facial expression.

“This term I’m definitely getting a boyfriend,” Claire says confidently.

“You sure about that?” Emma chuckles.

“Very.” She smiles and they walk into the bathroom. I stand outside and Josh walks over to me.

“Heard what happened with Dianna,” he says with his face too close to mine. “So you won’t go out with me?”

“That was just to calm her down, or she would’ve went mental.” I giggle.

“So you will go out with me,” he states serendipitously. Not exactly true but I’ll give him hope.

“I uh, don’t know,” I mumble. “It’s only the first day.”

“I won’t get in your way then.” He breathes out and my cheeks go red when it bounces off my face. The sound of my friends’ giggles echo out and he gazes into my eyes. I stare back into his teal eyes.

“I’ll see you in class.” He walks off and my friends come out.

“You’re like really red,” Dianna says. I bite my lip and she raises her eyebrow questionably.