1.

Bold - English

---------

"Maureen, wake up will you." I hear my best friend say. She pulled me by the leg, making me fall to the ground.

"What the hell Kat!!" I kick one of Kat's legs, obviously annoyed. I roll over onto my stomach and look at the clock on my bedside table and see that its 3 in the morning.

"You better have a bloody good reason why you woke me up at this hour."

"Don't tell me you forgot that we have a flight at 7 to South Korea." I give her a confused look.

"I can't belive that you forgot that your meeting Jae for the first time in years" My mouth opens slightly at the realisation that I planned to surprise my childhood friend after not seeing him for almost a decade. I've kept in touch with him, its just the fact that he's an idol and doesn't have much time for himself. So we just stuck to calling and texting each other.

''Um... Kat what am I supposed to wear? And does their manager know?" I start to panic, since I haven't seen him in so long, and we're supposed to meet their manager when we land in Korea.

"Don't worry about that, I've already got that covered." I sigh in relief, knowing that I myself, am a mess at picking out clothes to wear.

I stand up and walk over to the clothes that Kat picked out for me. I pick them up and see what they are. She really does have good taste, I say in my mind, looking at the blue ripped jeans, white knitted long sleeved shirt with matching white sneakers (image above). I walk to the bathroom and get dressed. I walk back out and let Kat do my hair, cause I was feeling lazy. She ties my hair up into a messy bun, pulling baby hair out and creating a few bumps as well to make it look effortless.

"Thanks hun. It looks really good, as usual."

"No worries, remember, I've got you covered. All the time." I roll my eyes, knowing that she loves teasing me seeing how I can't go through the day without asking for help. Apparently.

"Anyway, I need to finish getting ready." And with that, she walked out leaving me by myself. I decided to put light makeup on, just foundation and mascara. When I finished I started packing my backpack. I grab my phone and laptop charger, laptop, lip balm, a book, ear phones, passport, and put them in my bag. I open my bedside table drawer, and take out the necklace that Jae gave me the last time he saw me when we were 12 and 13. I place it around my neck and see how my outfit looks through the mirror. I nod my head in approval and walk down stairs to get my luggage. I see Kat sitting on the couch on her phone, probably looking at photos of Seventeen's Jeonghan... again.

"I didn't take too long, right?" She shakes her head, muttering that it was fine and that she didn't wait long. We walk outside to where Kat's brother, Shawn was waiting for us so he could drive us to the airport.

"Hey, let me take that for you." Shawn takes our luggages and places it in the back of the car. I walk back up to the house, take the house keys and pass it to Shawn to keep an eye on the house. I trust him with my life, I've been really close to Kat's family ever since Jae left to go to Korea. We get seated in the car, I sit at the back while Kat sits in the front. I take out my phone and listen to Day6's music.

Soon enough we arrive at the airport, and say our goodbyes. Kat and I go through security and wait to be called to board.

"Flight QF A330, boarding will commence. Rows 15 - 25 can now board." We both hand out ticket to the flight attendant and walk to our seat. I place my bag under the seat in front of me. I pull out my phone to listen to music and place my head on Kat's shoulder, falling asleep as I do.