6

Just saying, most of this chapter will of when Miyeon is younger and it will get a bit sad. Majority of the chapter will be a flashback so please bare with me.
Bold - English

---------------------

//Time skip 1 week//

I woke up to Jae shaking me with a worried look on his face.

"Are you ok? You were screaming again. Did the nightmares come back?" I nodded my head as he rubbed the tears on my cheeks that I did not know were there.

"WHO'S ABOUT TO DIE? WHAT!" We turn to see Sungjin holding a spoon in one hand and bread in the other.

"What the hell are you doing with a spoon and bread?" Jae asks out of pure amusement at the fact that Sungjin looks ridiculous, with his messy bed hair, pink and blue pajamas and pikachu slippers. He dismisses the question and walks off back to bed after eating the bread half-asleep.

"Anyways ignore Sungjin. Tell me when you started to get these dreams again." Jae tells me, well more like demands me to tell him. His facial expressions turning back to being serious and worried.

"I got them before we left, maybe because it's mums home town or something, I don't know..." I didn't like being reminded of my mother. At least not now, with whats happening between me and my dad right now.

"You don't need to tell me what happened. But just know that I'm here if you need to talk to someone." The only people that knows what happened almost 10 years ago is Jae, Kat and one of my other friends back at home. I hate having to tell people what happened back then especially at the age of 15 when it all happened.

//flashback//
"Mum!" I rush towards her body lying on the ground. I call for dad who is upstairs in the study. He rushes down stairs and holds her body towards him. I walk off to call the ambulance.

"Hello, how can I help?"

"Hi, my mother has just fainted" I walk towards my mothers body and check for her pulse.

"She has a low pulse and is slowly fading, please come quickly."

"Alright, can I get your name? And does she suffer from any illnesses?"

"She has a weak heart, and I'm Maureen, her daughter."

"Ok, we'll be there very soon, she'll be alright" With that she ended the call. We heard a knock on the door almost 5 minutes later. I rushed towards the door and opened it as quick as I could. People were carrying a stretcher and were ready to take mum to the hospital.

"Ok sweetie, you'll have to come with us in the ambulance. Your father is going to follow us in the car, is that alright with you?" I nod my my head and wipe my tears. I follow the lady into the back of the vehicle and sit down on the seat. I hold my mothers hand with tears streaming down my face. We finally arrive at the hospital and they take her to the emergency room. I wait outside, not allowed to go in. I sit down on the benches watching dad come running into the waiting room, eyes red and swollen from crying. An hour or so later a doctor came out and told us that we could go in to see her. We both went in and saw mum lying down looking very pale, she smiled weakly at us. It pained my heart to see her like this, dad walked up to her side, took a hold of her hand and sat down. I hugged my mum and kissed her cheek as if it was going to be the last time. I held onto her for as long as I could. Not being able to see in this state, I excused myself from the room and called Jae.

"Hey Maureen, how are you doing?"

"Not too well" I replied with an unsteady voice.

"Did something happen to Auntie?" He asked, his voice full of worry, referring to my mum. All of a sudden I had tears running down my face again.

"Shes... in hospital..."

"Wait what. Is she alright?"

"No, not exactly. Doctor said she'll be weak and that she'll have to say in the hospital over night..."

"Hey Maumau, don't worry she'll be fine. I'll see if I can book a flight for tomorrow or something. But in the mean time, stay strong alright." He was living in Korea at that time, we still talked to each other on the phone. He ended the call saying that he has a ticket to arrive tomorrow morning, and needs to pack.

~The next day~

"Hey Maumau!" I woke up to the sound of someones voice I haven't heard in a long time. I slowly opened my eyes to see Jae crouching down in front of me. He had a kind smile on his face, although he looked really concerned.

"I saw your mum when I came in." I stand up to go into my mums room. Jae takes my hand as reassurance. I push the door open and walk up to my mothers bedside.

"Hi mum."

"Hi anak (kid/child)" I kiss her on the cheek and hold her hand as I watch her fall back asleep. Jae takes me back outside as we sit on the chairs.

"Let's go have a bit of fun. I want to see you smile again." He stands up and lends a hand. We walk out and go to a nearby park. Once we arrive we walk over to a bench and just have a normal conversation to get my mind off my mum.

"There's ice-cream, wanna go get some?" I pulled him up from where he was sitting even before he could respond. Since it was nearby, we walked there pretty fast.

"1 mint chocolate and 1 mango sorbet, please." He ordered for us. I reached into my pocket and pulled out a $5 doller note. But being Jae he paid for it even before I could.

"You two look cute together and make such a cute couple." The elderly woman commented. I blushed from the sudden compliment.

"Oh, thank you." Jae said without even saying that we were just friends. I kept my head down from shyness. I picked up my ice cream and smiled at the woman and thanked her. Jae grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the store. While walking we just ate our ice cream in silence. I looked down to notice that Jae hasn't let go of my hand, I smiled to myself at the gesture.

We sat down and watched the children play on the swing set and the slides. I giggled to myself remembering the things Jae and I would do when we were younger.

"What are you laughing at?"

"At how stupid we were when we were younger."  He began to laugh as well.

"Lets go buy some food for dad to eat. He hasn't eaten since this morning."

We walked to a nearby shop, bought some food for dad. Still hand in hand we walked back to the hospital to find dad slouched over in the waiting room. Tears pouring out his eyes, head in hands, looking weak and sleep deprived for past few days.

I rushed over to dad and crouched in front of him.

"What happened!?"