40. I made this for you

✨✨✨

El walked up to Mike, holding something in her hands. She smiled at Mike.

"I made this for you," El said, handing what she had made for Mike to him.

She handed him a box, and when Mike opened the lid, there was a load of letters with Open When... and different situations on them.

"El," Mike smiled, wrapping his arm around her. "Thank you, babe,"

✨✨✨

"Go have fun with grandma," El said, hugging Mike tightly.

"I don't wanna go," Mike pouted, but even though Mike didn't want to go, El made him because she knew that Mike rarely saw his mama's mama, she knew he missed his grandma so much.

✨✨✨

When Mike had gone away to see his grandparents in his mom's home state, and Mike missed El so, so much. He didn't want to increase his grandma's phone bill. He brought the letter that El had given to him.

'Open when you miss me 💔'

Mike smiled when he saw El's handwriting - one of the things that he's surprisingly missed while he was while he was away.

'Mike,
Figured you'd take this while you've gone to see your grandma. I hate that you're missing me so much, even when you have your mama, Holly and your grandma.
I miss you too, I miss you so, so much. I miss your hair and your eyes and your good heart.
Sometimes, I wish I could pull you into the void with me, so that way we'd never be apart.
No matter what you are doing right now, wether it be playing games with Holly, helping your grandma, baking with your mama, I'll be here waiting for you when you come home.
El.'