Chapter 4

I'm sorry I walked out today, I was just feeling uncomfortable . . . ~ J

I'm awoken by a text at 12:30 in the morning. Does Josh not have any concept of time? Does he not sleep? I still haven't ruled out the possibility of him being a vampire . . .

It's fine, Libbey's more mad at me than she is at you. ~A

This isn't entirely true, but I don't want to tell him that Libbey called him a dick, especially because those words were originally my own.

I'm sorry :( What are you doing right now? ~J

Trying to sleep? It's the middle of the night, what does he think I'm doing?

Nothing important ~A

I hope he takes this in the sarcastic way that I mean it. Then again, he has no concept of time, so why should he have a concept of sarcasm? Suddenly the door buzzer goes off.

Good, buzz me up then ~J

What the hell? I sigh and crawl out of bed, I probably look like shit. I pull my hair up and walk into the front hallway. I press the button and unlock the door, just in time for a wheezing Josh to burst through the door.

"What the hell are you doing here, Josh?" I ask, closing the door behind him.

"Remember . . . Earlier when . . . You tried to kiss me . . . And I acted . . . like a total jackass?" He asks, trying to catch his breath at the same time.

"Yeah?" I answer, confused. "But you were right, I probably would have regretted it. So, thanks—"

"Well, I regret not kissing you." Before I can even register his words, his lips are on mine and my hands are in his hair. Somehow, from being at my apartment once, he navigates us to the couch. My head is rushing with warning signs, and I can't ignore them.

"Do you need some water?" I ask, pulling away. I stand up and begin to walk to the kitchen. "I need some water." I need to think, that's what I need.

"Do you want to go somewhere with me?" I'm glad my back is turned so I can't see his face. I'm afraid he's smiling like a little kid at the kiss we just shared. What was that? I've only known him for, like, twenty-four hours. What is going on?

"That depends. Where did you have in mind?" I open my fridge and grab the jug of water, pouring two glasses. "Can you get the light?" I nod my head towards the wall behind the couch. Josh flicks the light switch and I immediately shut my eyes. I did not think that through, it's so suddenly bright compared to the dark that we've been sitting in.

"It's a surprise," Josh says, laughing at my torture. I hand him one of the glasses of water and sit down beside him.

"Surprises haven't been going well for me the past twenty-four hours . . ." I sigh, chugging my water.

"I thought that that last one was pretty spectacular," Josh winks, setting down his full glass of water without even taking a sip. Then he takes my empty one and puts it beside his, turning so that his whole body is facing me.

"Josh," I groan, leaning the top of my head into his chest. He tugs the ponytail elastic out of my hair gently and begins massaging my scalp.

"Alexis," he mocks. I lift my head to glare at him, but he pulls my head towards his own. Our foreheads rest against each other and we sit like this for a long while until Josh's phone buzzes. "The guys want to meet up at the studio, and you're coming with me."

"Am I, now?" I raise my eyebrows in amusement. Josh nods and stands up, ready to leave I suppose. "Not so fast, I need to change." I laugh, walking out of the living room and into my bedroom. I change into sweatpants and a loose t-shirt, still looking like a mess.