CHAPTER-2

In a few days time, both are suffering from lack of sleep. Most of the night passes in taking care of the babies as when one sleeps other wakes up. Of the two, Manik is more affected as he doesn't get sound sleep during the night and in the morning he has to go to office. Nandini on the other hand manages some sleep during the day, when the two babies are also sleeping. And if they get up, generally Neyo or Cecilia take care of them.

One fine evening

Manik entered in the living room, after coming from office. Mithu is being given a oil massage, while misthu is already fresh and dressed beautifully. She is lying in the cot and playing with her own hands and legs. And watching them, all the weariness of the day passes away. He is about to pick up misthu, but Nandini stops him.

" Wash your hands!" She reminds him and he sighs.

" Hello misthu....My cute little princess...How are you doing?? Yes , yes, I know you want to come in my arms, but your mom is so bossy!! She won't let me touch you untill I am fresh...She thinks I carry all the germs of the world on me!!" He complained cutely , bending over the cot and misthu threw her legs and arms in air recognising her father.

Till then Mithu was also oiled and massaged thoroughly and was now being dressed fresh. Manik looked at him in neyonika's lap and smiled a paternal fond smile.

" I will just go and freshen up quickly!" He announced to his mother and  giving a secret look to his wife. Neyonika was not fool to not catch it. She smiled and said to Nandini as Manik walked away " Nandini jao...dekho Manik Ko kuch chahye hoga. Tab tak  main bachcho ka khayal rakh lungi"

Nandini smiled and nodded and then followed Manik upstairs.

Just as she opened the door of the bedroom, Manik who was standing beside it, pulled her and pinned her to the wall. She gasped in surprise and her heart was beating in a frantic rhythm.

He gave her a seductive smile and her blush grew darker. Back of his hand started brushing her cheek and she leaned into his touch closing her eyes.

" You know Nandini , it has been too long! Has your body healed? Or you want more time...Because I am in desperate need of you!" He whispered and placed her palm on his hard crotch which is trying to burst out of his pants.

" I know of a way to put out the fire" she whispered suggestively gazing into his darkening eyes, and his lips quirked up in a sexy smile.

......

At night

" Manik tum aaj dusre room mein so oge and that's final" Nandini stated in a dismissive tone.

" But...."

" No..."

" But..."

" Manik!! Why don't you understand...! You are not a kid that I have to explain elaborately! Have you seen your face? You have dark developed dark circles under your eyes....Is this how you are going to shoot for your next album! I know you love me and you are trying very hard to share the load! But everything should be done in limits and not at the cost of your health!"

Very angry Nandini has reared her head up and Manik knew exactly where to stop. He raised his both hands in surrender, placating her.

" Ok , ok I get it! Don't lose your cool, baby!"

" Good" Nandini took a deep calming breath.
  She took him to the adjoining room and forced him to lye down on the bed .

" Arey but it's just 10 yet! I want to see the business news!" He nagged.

" No tonight you are sleeping early!"

" Fine, then lye down with me....!" He requested and she obliged. She started stroking his hair till he was fast asleep, then carefully she got off the bed and adjusted the pillow to fill her absence. Then she came back to the room where the children were sleeping and after checking that they are comfortable and ok, she slept on the bed.

Manik slept so peacefully after a long time and he woke up only in the morning. The clock said 6 a.m , he got up from the bed and reached the other room. He found Mithu playing in his crib quietly while misthu and Nandini were sleeping.

He picked up Mithu in his arms, carefully and walked out of the room to the balcony. The early morning breeze was blowing softly and sun had just risen. Mithu made appreciative noises in manik's arm and Manik smiled happily.

Nandini woke up , stretching her arms and then saw misthu sleeping while the crib of Mithu was empty

Nandini woke up , stretching her arms and then saw misthu sleeping while the crib of Mithu was empty. Has Manik got up already?

She went to his room and found the  bed empty. She came out and called for him " Manik ! Kaha ho tum??"

" I am in the balcony baby!" Manik shouted a little too loudly and mithu's lips became wobbly started curling up, ready to cry!

Manik, quickly cajoled him " mera baby, mera beta! Q darta h baby!! Daddy hain na...Hamesha ..To protect you !"  and was successful in stopping him from crying.

" Good morning!" Came the groggy voice of Nandini due to the lack of sleep.

" Good morning Jaan!! I hope our kids didn't bother you too much!" He said brightly , kissing her forehead. she blushed.

" The usual!" She stated smiling.

" Good!"

" Was he awake ?" She asked lightly brushing mithu's hair.

" Hmmm ...He was playing...By the way, he has so less hair..!" Manik said.

" Hmm for now...These are birth hair...They will fall and new one will come! Moreover we will shave their twice or thrice na toh they will grow thick!"

" Oh ok!"

" Today amma will be coming to see them...Bahut din ho gya h na that's why!"

" Oh that's great have a nice time then!"

" Are you not going to work out?" Nandini reminded him.

" Oh yes..." He said.

" Give him to me and tum jao!" She said collecting Mithu in her arms.
.....

Another day passed!!

Is this boring??