CHAPTER -7

Six months later

In these six months a lot happened. Nandini joined back her office. Now the two cuties have started crawling and so an extra watchful eye has been recruited for their vigilance.
Manik, Nandini along with the twins had a photoshoot which was released for public viewing. These photos created a sensation in the country. Nandini till that time had regained some of her lost figure and Manik as usual looked hot. The twins had adopted the features of both their parents, so they looked adorable, almost like cherry on cake. A complete happy family.

As a result they had to give a round of interviews for the various magazines who wanted to know how they are dealing with parenthood and how are they managing time for themselves? How does Nandini still manage to look like " yummy Mummy"? Nandini was not at all liking the media attention but for the sake of the name of the family , she answered them sweetly.

" Mom dad, next week fab5 has a concert in Chicago."  Manik informed as he settled down on the couch after coming from office. He looked at the children who for once were sitting on the rug spread out for them on the floor and playing with their toys. A smile formed on his lips watching how koel, repeatedly snatched any toy that Sidharth picked for himself. Sidharth never protested , and would pick other toy to entertain himself.

Nandini had not yet returned from office. Since last month, when she joined office, she is always coming late as workload is heavy.

" Oh toh iss baar v akele jaoge beta?" Neyonika asked whereas Mann was attending a call.

" Pta Ni , mom...I want to take Nandini and the kids with me but..."

" Hmmm I understand. Nandini se baat kar k dekho. Ek Baar puchne mein koi burai Ni h. I know wo sayad Mana karegi qki she has joined office after a long break and taking leave again is  morally and ethically wrong"

" Hmmm aaj raat baat kar k dekhta hu"

Suddenly the pa-pa-pa of koel filled the room as she crawled towards manik, excitedly. Sidharth startled by her, followed behind her. Luckily Manik had atleast washed his hands before sitting on the couch, so he grinned and picked up koel, then Siddharth as they reached to his feet and stood up taking the support of his either knee. He settled them on the two sides of his lap.

" So mere beto ne aaj kya kya Kiya??" He asked them lovingly kissing the top of their heads.

" Sirf badmashi Kiya" neyonika answered smiling.

Manik grinned " beta Dadi Ko pareshan karte ho? Very bad...Go and say sorry to dadi" he mildly admonished them and both wriggled in his lap to get down and then they crawled to neyonika.

"Arey mera bacha! Dadi gussa ni h. Papa ne scold Kiya? Chalo papa Ko pitu pitu karte hain! Q scold Kiya mere bachcho Ko" she cajoled them and then got up to mockingly hit Manik. Manik acted " aah- uhh" with each light slap of neyonika. This made the kids giggle.

" Mom..Dekho mere bachcho Ko...Papa ki pitai ho Rahi h aur inhe Hansi arahi h!" Manik joked  but the kids were not paying attention now, because they caught sight of maan's phone in his hand and they attacked him and atlast Maan had to wrap up his call quickly and picked them up on to his lap and gave them the phone.

Neyonika and Manik chuckled watching the scene. " You better not ignore them Maan!" Neyonika spoke sarcastically and Maan smiled fondly at his grandchildren.

" It's 8...Nandini Ni Ai Abhi tak?" Manik wondered aloud looking at his watch.

Neyonika who was standing by his side, suggested " call kar k dekh lo"

Manik nodded and dialled her number , she picked on the first ring itself.

" Hello, Manik!" She sounded pre occupied.