CHAPTER -8 ROCK n Roll

......continued

Nandini and Manik together came down and after chatting for a long time, they proceeded to have dinner with Ankit. Koel and Siddharth were the focus of the most of their conversations and Ankit was smitten by their cuteness.

Soon, after dinner, Ankit took leave from them, promising to come with his girlfriend cum nandini's friend in near future.
........

Nandini came out of the washroom and found Manik softly patting Siddharth's arms and humming a tune as Siddharth , slowly slipped into a peaceful slumber. She watched entranced for a few moments but then walked to the mirror and started combing her hair and applying moisturizer, her daily beauty regime.

" Nandini" Manik spoke softly so as not to disturb the kids sleeping in the cot, while he himself settled on the bed.

" Hmmm" she replied looking at him through the mirror.

" Fab 5 has a concert next week..." He began and she gave him full attention by turning to look at him " ....in Chicago" he finished and watched her hand still for a moment while massaging moisturizer. He asked quickly " I was wondering if you would like to come with me..."

She dropped her gaze and turned around to face the mirror once again and continued with her task. She didn't speak for a long moment and Manik silently observed her, giving her time to come to a conclusion.

" If I say no, will that be an issue in our relationship?" She asked softly, her expression giving nothing away but on the inside she was wary of his reaction.

Manik was not surprised by her question because he clearly remembered his outburst of a few days ago. He really wanted her and his family to come along, but guilt tripping Nandini into this was not what he wanted , so he carefully thought through his answer " when I came to know about this trip, I really wanted to take my family with me. I still do, but I also understand that you have other commitments too. Being a professional myself, I know it's value. So despite the fact that I will miss you and my two pieces of heart dearly, I don't expect you to join me. So if you say no, I won't shout on you like last time!" He ended with a wink and a smile of his own.

Nandini rolled her eyes at the reminder of their little tiff of last time. " Thank you Mr. Malhotra for sparing me the major tantrum of yours, because I am going to say no"

" Okay Mrs. Malhotra, how about I show you tonight a different kind of tantrum" he spoke while getting off the bed in one swift move and bounding towards her.

" I have seen enough of your tantrums" she replied backing away from him with a smile.

" That's sad! Because I don't think I can get enough of your tantrums" he said getting a hold of her and pulling her back to his chest.

" You always have sex on your mind!" She chided.

" What can I do? I have such a beautiful wife! It's impossible to resist you. You are the only woman who looks beautiful even when you are angry"

" You already have me. You don't need to sweet talk me into things....especially not in the matter of sex because I want you as much as or in fact more than you want me!"

" True, I have you, but I also want to keep you and for that I will do anything!" He bit her earlobe playfully.

" I am not going anywhere" she said rolling her eyes.

" I am not going to take you for granted. I will be on my heels throughout my life to ensure your presence in my life"

" I think it's working" she replied relaxing against his hold, not fighting anymore to get out of his hold.