CHAPTER-9 Reunion

5 days passed in a flurry of activities. Neither Manik nor Nandini had much time to miss each other. They almost had no conversation during this period, but neither of the two were unhappy about it.

On visiting the doctor, it was confirmed that navya is pregnant. She and Nandini spent the time planning the moment to reveal the news.

Sid and koel had started crawling , quite efficiently now, so people around them had to be extra careful now. All the furnitures of the house were exchanged for safer ones with no sharp edges. Nandini would every now and then make videos of their playtime and send it Manik, so that he did not miss out on anything.

Today, mid night , Manik was to return from Chicago, Nandini tried to remain awake till his arrival but while feeding koel, lying on the bed, sleep took over and she had no idea when Manik came back and tip toed through the room to freshen up and after admiring the sleeping babies and Nandini on the other side of bed, he too slept.

Manik was disappointed to find Nandini sleeping when he came back. He had hoped that after having no contact for 5 days , she would be esctatic to see him and she would jump in his arms and then they would make love to establish their longing for each other, but none of it happened. He reasoned with himself that she must be tired from managing home and office simultaneously and that he had the weekend to make up for the lost time.

It was 5 in the morning, when Nandini jolted awake remembering that she had to welcome Manik. Guilt swept over her like a tidal wave , when she saw him sleeping on the far side of the bed, to keep a safe distance from the kids who were sleeping in their midst.

She didn't know if It was her own guilt or the posture in which he was sleeping, that made him look vulnerable and insecure. Her heart clenched at the thought and she decided to fill the gaping hole that had seemed to form over these 5 days.

So without wasting much time, Nandini sprung into action. The two little pieces of her heart were sleeping soundly and there was not much time before they would start wailing for milk, so she had to be quick.

She went into the closet and started looking for a perfect saree to wear. She knew Manik loved to see her in saree. But it was also true that she did not wear saree much , because it required a lot of effort. But today she will get ready exactly how he wants.

Her search among the 50 or so sarees ended on a red chiffon saree which had a backless blouse. She admired it for a while, putting it against her body and looking in the mirror.

" Perfect" was what she murmured in appreciation before heading to the shower. She came out after thoroughly scrubbing herself and shampooing her hair. She put on the saree. Applied a thick coat of liner, mascara, blush, red lipstick, red nail paint and finally she put Vermillion in her mid parted hair. She put on the matching jhumka and a neck piece, her mangalsutra and lastly the red Bangles and the silver anklets because she knew their jingle would wake up Manik. And she was right because as she moved to get up and go to him, his eyes fluttered open and his heart did a somersault at the sight.

She looked like a bride once again, walking towards him exactly like the first time. Was he dreaming? He rubbed his eyes. No! She is very much real, smiling like the temptress that she is!

" Good morning, Manik!" His name rolled off her tongue in a way that sent electric currents pulsing through his every bone and sinew. He got up from the bed, just as she reached him.

" Good morning..." He replied almost uncertainly which made her giggle. Clearly Manik is out of his depths now. May be this is shocking for him because it has been a long time since I have done something for him. From last one year, it has been him, the anchor in our relationship. Hmm ! Time to take back the control, Nandini!