Chapter 3 LOOK THROUGH MY EYES

" Nandini , next week our telecommunications side of business is getting an award. So they are organising a huge party. Dad has asked me to go. So I want you to accompany me" Manik informed Nandini at night.

She was getting ready for bed while the two naughty cuties were lying on the bed beside Manik and playing on their own. Nandini turned to face him, while applying the lotion.

" Manik, how can I come with you? Kids Ko akela chorkar?"

" Nandini, it's just a matter of 2-3 hours. Maine mom se baat ki, she said she will take care of them"

" But Manik....Agar inhe bhuk lagi toh aur hamein late ho gya!"

Now Manik was pissed. He got up from bed in order to not scare the kids and walked closer to Nandini.

" Nandini , last two parties Maine akela attend Kiya h...Because you were heavily pregnant. I tried considering your situation then, but now again you are making silly excuses. Of course bachche mere v hain..Mujhe bhi fikr h inki, main Dhyan rakhunga time ka...Lekin fir v you don't wanna come, mat ao , I will go alone!" He said angrily and left the room, fortunately not banging the door.

Nandini looked at the two kids , then came out of the room.

" Cecilia, bachche room mein hain...Aap unke sath thori der room mein Rahe...Main ati hu"

" Ok ma'm"

Nandini followed Manik to the gym, feeling guilty. He was relentlessly punching the bag, taking out all his anger and frustration on the inanimate object. Nandini stood on the door, galvanising herself for his wrath.

" Manik" she called in almost a whisper, Manik pretended that he didn't hear her. So she called louder " Manik..."

He whirled round to face her, his fury reflecting in his eyes. " Kya h??"

Nandini gulped " I will come with you" she whispered, with her eyes cast down.

" Koi jarurt Ni h...Ehsaan karne ki!  I want you to want to come with me and not just because I have said it" He growled and tears pricked her eyes.

" I said I will come with you" she said and without giving him a glance she left from there. Tears started trickling down her cheeks and she kept wiping them frantically. When she reached the room, she took a deep breath to stop herself from crying and closed her eyes to remind herself the beautiful faces of her children. Suppressing her tears she forced a smile and entered the room.

" Thank you Cecilia, ab aap jaiye , so jaiye"

" Ok ma'm"

Mithu was trying to put his fingers in his mouth out of hunger and when he would be unsuccessful, he threw his legs in air. He tried several times, but failed each time. Watching him do that brought a genuine smile on nandini's face.

" Mera beta hungry hai?? Dhudhu chahye?? Abhi mil jaega!" Nandini said picking him in her arms and then began feeding him.

On the other hand, Manik kept punching the bag until he was drained off energy. Then he sat down on one of the seats, sweating profusely. Then the sad face of Nandini began flashing through his mind.

"Am I missing something? Is there something that I have failed to see? Pehle toh kabhi Nandini parties mein jaane se inkaar Ni Karti thi...So what has changed? Are the babies real reason ya ye sirf bahana h"

Deciding to find out the reason, he first went to the sauna and took a steam bath, then after changing into fresh clothes and with calm mind he moved towards their bedroom. But Nandini wasn't there, only the kids were sleeping. He adored them for a while , then quietly left the room.