First Encounter

Marie

I couldn't breath let alone move, who had I pissed off in a previous life that they would use Richard Freeman as retribution against me.

The guy had filled out that's for sure in all the right places and to the right amount to complement his handsome face, Greek god did not begin to describe his looks, but that didn't make me hate him any less, especially as he was a handsome rich Greek god look alike and the bastard was staring at me with a wide smirk on his gorgeous face.

Though I hated the guy it hadn't stopped me from stalking him through the media and internet, where I found out lots of interesting facts about my two time loser, well loser probably not, that would be me.

Anyway he baulked at the idea of taking over his father's business, which caused the financial magazines to hold their front pages as he started up his own, that took off in an unprecedented fashion and shot him up the Forbes list at an alarming rate, it appeared he could do no wrong and the business astute called him the Midas man.

"Ladies, gentlemen" his silky rich smooth baritone voice echoing around the ancient walls of the boardroom, but his eyes never left mine, it was at that moment I realised I was staring at him and quickly​ averted my eyes finding the table very interesting with it's smooth lines and deep colour.

I swear I heard him chuckle at my unease and glowing face.

Bastard!

Pulling out the chair at the head of the table which had and as far as I was concerned always been Jonathan's seat, he eased himself down and relaxed with his legs stretched out crossed at the ankles and his arms loosely folded over his chest.

I could see his gaze occasionally​ flit around the room quickly assessing all around the table, but they always returned to bore into me, making me feel uncomfortable and forcing me to look away and not pay attention to Jonathan as he stood at the whiteboard writing, gesturing and talking animatedly about something that my brain only caught snatches of.

My mind was in turmoil.

What the hell! Jonathan was leaving, the board members were deserting in their droves apart from the mother and son vipers and to cap it all off, I was going to be saddled with the guy who kissed and fucked me first and then fucking me over completely.

I could not wait for this meeting to be over, I needed fresh air and time to recover, so an urgent visit to the kitchen for a shot of caffine and empty space, became top of my to do list, the bastard still had that look on his face and though he scanned the room his gaze always came back to focus on me.

At long last Jonathan announced he was needed in another meeting and called an end to this boardroom session, I was off my chair in a flash and heading out the door if anyone  had been in front of me I would have trampled over them, but alas fate dealt me another bum hand.

"Miss Summers could you please remain behind for a minute please" Jonathan asked.

Shit!

Though that was my first and preferred answer, I chicken out and turned forcing a smile onto my face.

"Off course Mr Whitlock, how can I help"

Jonathan gave me a funny look, as I never address him as Mr Whitlock but always by his first name.

"I was hoping perhaps you have a few minutes spare to show Richard around? "

No way let the Jerk find his only bloody way around, who knows he may fall down the stairs and break his neck.

"Certainly Mr Whitlock, I have a few minutes spare"

I could sense that he was trying really hard to suppress a smile.

"Good" then turning to face Richard still sat lounging in his chair added.

"I will leave you in Miss Summers capable hands and we can catch up at lunchtime "

Whereupon he swept out the room, leaving me and him alone.

Be professional Marie, show him that you have gotten over him and do not want to be disappointed a third time, if you hadn't got over him there could be a third time, but as you have there won't.

My inner thought ramblings were cut short as he stood and cleared his throat, pulling me back to the present and a grinning him!

"Well Mr Freeman shall we" bonus points to me sounded professional.

"Oh come on Marie I think we are way past these formalities after what we got up to" he laughed.

The bastard actually laughed!

"Well we are all entitled to make at least one mistake in our lives, it's just my misfortune to have made two huge ones"

That wiped the laughter off his face and shut him up, it was replaced by a scowl and sullen silence.

be the better person here. I reminded myself.

"So Mr Freeman would you like the tour now" smiling sweetly.

Richard marched across and stood far to close to me invading my personal space, he placed his index finger under my chin and tilted my face upwards till our eyes met.

"We will have a private talk Miss Summers mark my words"

And with that he strode our the door leaving me to scamper after him.

The tour thank God didn't take long and it was a one sided affair with me explaining each departments purpose and introducing the staff to him, with Richard briefly smiling and shaking hands and mumbling a quick hello to everyone.

Eventually we had completed the rounds and arrived at Jonathan's office, stopping at the door, I gave a quick knock before turning to Richard to bade him goodbye, but again fate intervened as Jonathan opened the door, sandwiching me between the two of them.

"Arh, you are all finished then good, I hope it meets with your approval Richard. "

To which he gave a brief nod.

"Good shall we adjourn for lunch there's a nice little restaurant just round the corner and they have reserved a table for us, so if you're ready we can walk on round"

"Thank you Jonathan that would be fine, I would also like Miss Summers to accompany us as I have a few questions I would like her to answer" giving me a pointed look.

"Splendid idea, Marie is our top graphic designer here and if anyone can give you satisfactory answers she can.

Richard stared deeper into my eyes, before commenting.

"Oh I have no doubt she'll be able to satisfy me and I look forward to her answers"

Shit. shit. shit!