Chapter 7| Employee Relations

"The productivity of work is not of the worker but of the manager."-Peter F. Drucker

When running a business it's very stressful at times, and so what do employers do? They invest their time blaming the employees, giving them moods and may even fire them for non-realistic reasons.

If your business is on the rock bottom then it's the management that is lacking.

In simple terms,

"You are not managing your business well."

If you want your business to succeed then respect those you work with or who work for you. An unhappy employee will not complete tasks, and this causes a company downfall.

The way you treat your employees will determine the way the market will treat you.

Create a great work space, for your employees. Interact with them, inspire them, just because they work for you that doesn't mean they are not important. For an example:

Google Inc.'s H.Q is called the Googolplex. They built it because they wanted to make their employees feel at home. And it paid off; it's now one of the top 5 biggest companies in the world.

Not because they had huge Ad campaigns, but because they did not only focus on cash flow but also focused on the hands that sweated for the cash flow.

Your Partners are also very important. Be very direct when you hold a meeting. Tell them the best of the truth. Develop a good relationship with them. Just because it your idea that doesn't mean their say is not important. When you have done that then it will be easy to run the business.