Chapter 11|Survival

Perhaps starting a business is quiet easy but are you able to survive for the next 100 years? Building a great product does not mean that a company will last. Business has its ups and downs, but nobody expects a downfall of a great

company.

In 2010 every person on earth had a dream to get their hands on the Blackberry mobile devices, that even I remember the first day I held one in my hands.

Top Silicon Valley CEO's such as Mark Zukerberg were users of the mobile devices. A new era had begun, only the richest had them in their homes.

It had taken the lead from Nokia, beating Apple's Iphone and even the great Nokia.

The devices came with Blackberry messenger popularly known as BBM, which was a huge move on mobile instant message (IM) which in other words was the center attraction of the devices but... how then did Blackberry fall to its knees?

The Blackberry devices ran on its own operating system, different from others. At the time most phones ran on Badu. The Blackberry's operating system was based on the QWERTY keyboard.

During its days they was a new operating system. An open hand operating system which would be based on touch screen display instead.

In 2005 Google Inc. acquired the android operating system, which is open source unlike the

IOS and Blackberry Operating System. The android OS became a thread to Blackberry. people became bored of the normal phones. They wanted something new, something that was more fun and better.

Badu and Blackberry OS were very similar but not so innovative. IOS and android brought the future to us, giving the ability to customize our devices, better gaming experience and exposing us to the ability of building better softwares.

Business is competitive if you fail to adapt then survival is not guaranteed.