The Art of Living

Shutting down is all I know how to do lately. Pain has been my best friend and I welcome it with open arms. As I sit in the shower fully clothed in the cold I am mentally breaking down, What am I doing with my life? Is this feeling because of Kol or is it because of Pat? After last nights arguments I just couldn't handle life at the moment. The rejections, the prophecy and now this second chance mate thing. Everything is so freaking confusing. Can't I go back to that time in life where I was the most feared Alpha Girl and not this weak broken girl crying on the shower floor. 

"You know Sohpie you are only making this more complicated then it already has to be"

"Shut up Francesca! I did not want this and I definitely did not want you!" I scream in frustration pulling my hair and crying out. Moments after the restroom door went flying open and when I say went flying I mean door off the hinges and hitting the wall flying.

"Are you okay Mia Bella?" Kade asked looking around.

"Yes now leave me alone!" I cried hugging my knees and putting my chin on them to rest.

"No you are far from fine.If you want to go back home I understand I can help you leave back to your pack. I can't see you hurt any more and obviously you don't want me" He replied rubbing the back of his neck. I looked up at him whipping my tears away.

"You would really do that for me?" I asked quietly

"Yea I would hate to see you go but I don't want you to stay if you are miserable" 

"It's not you. Its my whole life." I whispered so softly I doubt he could even hear it.

"You said you been through a lot tell me" He demanded putting his phone and wallet on the counter.

"I don't know if I can tell you its a long story" I replied resting my head on the shower wall. 

"Well I am a vampire I have nothing but time sweet heart" He stated opening the glass door and sitting next to me. I explained my story to him knowing he will most likely judge me for some of my actions. I even told him I killed vampires in the past, he did not get mad or yell at me he just sat there and listened.

"So I received my full vampire abilities and froze the door that was between me and my freedom. I walked away from every one and forgot about them, until I actually walked into the town. I didn't even know where I was walking to and how I got here I mean it seemed to magically appear out of no where. Then I met your friend and then you know the rest" 

"Vampire abilities? I mean all vampires have the strength and compelling along with reading minds and controlling dreams, but I never heard of any with your abilities before that is something new"

"Really what makes me so different?" I asked resting my head on his shoulder feeling the cold sparks shoot through my body at the touch. 

"Well you're a hybrid you're always going to be different, come lets get out of this place before you get sick" He said picking me up and walking out of the shower. 

"I wont get sick, that's like impossible now." I stated folding my arms

"You are still part wolf you still can get sick."

"Well that's not fare." I whined. 

We got dressed and went to bed and talked more through out the night I was in the shower all day and I felt like a dried prune. This was my first time talking to Kade I found out that was not his real name his real name was kept a secret until he could trust me. His real name was Daniel Kade. I liked his real name more it seemed to suit him more than Kade did. I don't know what it was about him saying he would take me back that made me open up to him but I am glad it did I finally have a friend and maybe one day I can trust him. I still refused to love him but I feel that I was only gifted to love one not all. As the night was getting later my eyes started getting heavier I didn't mind cuddling up with him tonight because it made me feel safe for once and that was something I haven't felt in a while. 

"I am glad you are letting me be your friend" He stated hugging me as I kept my arm around him and cuddling to his chest.

"Mhmm me to" I mumbled out as I met the guy of my dreams. 

When I woke up the next day I had tears as I remembered my dream of Pat. I still loved him and it was stopping me from loving any one else even my mate.