lights will guide me home

"Kol its a boy congrats Alpha he will be a strong fighter one day and an excellent future Alpha." The doctor announced. 

"Thank you doc. Is it okay if I see my son?" Kol asked getting up from the chair.

"Of course you can Alpha." Kol got up and went into the room as I followed him I knew it wasn't my kid it was hers. Just like the visions before where I heard her being pregnant the first time. I walked into the room to see the new parents oh so proud of finally having a baby. For a future Alpha the baby looked small. It only makes sense because for a true Alpha you must mate your true mate in order to carry a true Alpha. He was only part wolf and part witch...like her. She stole my life way before I knew what was going to happen. I despise the girl and if I ever get a chance I will drain her dry. 

"I love you Kol. Thank you for giving me such a beautiful baby boy. I named him Jacob Dan" She stated smiling down at the bundle in her arms. Who names their kid Jacob Dan it sounds like an unfinished name. I know I shouldn't sound bitter I know I am happy with my mate, but I will always hate her for stealing what was mine.

"Sophia dear its time for training." I heard a light knock on the door waking me up from my horrid dream of them. I looked up to see Kathrina she was becoming like a second mom to me and I loved having someone so close. 

"Thank you, I wanted to ask you something...about my parents" I have been wondering this for the longest.

"Yes dear what is it?" She replied taking a seat on the chair near the window.

"Well as you can tell I am or I was a hybrid. You said my parents were both full vampires. How was I a wolf if they were vampires? I know my great grandma mated with a wolf and had kids but then she was the only one and the kids after came out to be full vampires. They mated vampires shouldn't the wolf gene die out?" I asked. I been wondering this for the longest how was this even possible for me to be a hybrid.

"Well dear even though they were vampires and mated with vampires that gene still stood in your families DNA. It skipped a few generations waiting for the one who can be strong enough to carry both genes. Only the strongest can actually carry both genes dear." She replied that made a lot of sense after thinking about it.

"What if a wolf was bitten by a Vampire, and that wolf turns into a hybrid. What happens then?" I asked again.

"Well if it is that case it means that wolf is not a true hybrid its dominate gene will fight off the other within a few years. Sometimes it takes five years for the dominate gene to fight off the other. When that happens the person will feel as if the world finally lifted off their shoulder. For a wolf to be bitten is the worst they will not let any one other than their wolf know the true pain they are in. Once the dominate gene wins they will feel so much better than before." She answered. That made me think of Pat and how he was changing maybe its because he was in pain after all. 

"Does it change how they feel and how they react? Like would it make them angry?" I needed to know maybe it can help with the war.

"Oh yes dear, it can make the sweetest wolf turn into a monster. That's how the first rouge came to be. He became a hybrid and was angry it took a total of twelve years for his wolf to win over the fight. He went crazy during those years and that's what encouraged most of the rouges." She stated. 

"I never knew that. This is some valuable information to me. My friend was bit by a vampire a few years ago along with me waking up my inner vampire. He changed every year, he use to be very loving and at the end he became very cold and distant. Now he was sent to take me away." I stated whipping the tears that escaped my eyes.