Chapter 9

Louisa's POV

As I woke up I could immediately hear the click of my door opening I turned around to be faced with one of the maids, she smiled before closing it after her.

"Hello miss, I have been assigned to be your maid for the day and help you in getting prepared for the royal ball tonight. First of we shall start with your breakfast, if you could follow me." I nodded getting out of bed and putting a robe on, I followed her to a massive table and saw it was waiting on the table for me.

I quickly ate and she instructed me to have a bath where other maids will clean me and put lotions on my body which I wasn't comfortable with at all. But I had to oblige or I will be forced into it, I climbed into he bath and I was scrubbed and they started putting this face mask on me and it felt cold. I felt weird as they scrubbed harder till where it hurt a little.

I swear I was in there for hours when I was finally told to get out, I inhaled through my and I smelt like roses and I sighed. I was brought back into another room where was like a surgery table, I was told to lay on it so I did. I felt something warm go on my legs and I knew what it was, I screamed as one if them pulled off the hairs on my legs. I had to control myself before I attacked one of the maids, I winced every time the pulled the wax off.

After they finished with that, I was given a cleaner robe, I was pushed onto a chair in my room and looked on the clock to see it was only one o'clock, when the party starts at six. The maids were immediately into getting my makeup on, I could see all the different types of makeup they were using. I felt one maid putting light foundation on me and the others were picking out what would suit me. Then another two were brushing my hair and blow drying it, my hair was pulled and my face was pampered with. I mentally groaned when two more maids grabbed my hands and started to do my nails. When my hair was fully dried they straightened it then curled the ends, then one of them started to do it up is some sort of up do, so I didn't pay attention.

Hours later and I was finished, they showed me to the mirror and I looked absolutely beautiful. I was shocked I have never been this dolled up before, I said a thank you and they smiled before leaving the room to put on my dress. I pulled on the dress and pulled the zipper up without getting frustrated. I stepped into shoes being white high jells just as I got them on a knock on my door was heard, I opened the door and it was a maid. She handed me a tiara and I said a quick thank you before closing the door. I walked over to the mirror and put the tiara on careful not to wreck my hair. I smiled a fake smile as that was what I was taught to do in my lady like classes. I looked at the clock and saw that it was nearly six o'clock holy shit them maids took forever to do my hair and makeup, oh and nails which were white with little diamond like beads on them. As I heard yet another knock on the door, I opened it to face one of Hunter's guards or something, he escorted me to where I was supposed to make my grand entrance, as I got closer and closer the nerves started to finally kick in. But why?.

Hunter's POV

As I was talking, I heard a few of the other vampire's women gasp at something from behind me, I looked around and everyone's eyes were to the the stairs. I turned around and I was shocked as the beautiful Louisa looked around nervously, I walked and waited for her at the bottom of the stairs. I smirked as she looked at me and walked down them, I held out my hand as she grabbed on it willingly. I pulled her back to where I was talking to an old friend.

"Well well Hunter, looks like you've finally got yourself and beautiful young lady." My friend said and I smiled before agreeing with him.

"Soon she will be our queen." I stated and he cocked one eyebrow.

"And a pretty one at that." I looked at Louisa and she blushed at his comment.

"Indeed she will be." I commented and I excused myself and Louisa so I could introduce her to more people. As I saw the faint color of fake blonde hair I knew who it was, she smiled at me before seeing my women hanging on my arm.

Louisa's POV

Hunter groaned before a woman with fake blonde hair by the look of it instantly gave me a dirty look. I was confused as too why. She walked towards Hunter and smiled batting her eyelashes and touching his arm, I knew what she was doing.

"Alice, how many times have I said that our relationship is over." He said and she gave me yet another dirty look. I rolled my eyes before walking over to the food and drinks table. I grabbed a glass of blood and took a sip of the liquid, I don't know what it was but it had a unique taste. I looked and saw them talking before Alice grabbed Hunter and pulled his lips to hers, I stalked towards her pushed her violently and she flew straight into a pole holding the castle up. She hissed at me showing her fangs and I hissed back showing mine.

"Guards grab her and kick her out." I heard Hunter yelled, I felt my fangs go back in and everyone went back to what they were doing. I saw Alice getting dragged out by guards and she was screaming saying she was getting revenge on us. I felt a hand on my hip, I turned around to see Hunter I smiled before he gave a quick kiss on the cheek.

"C'mon my princess we have some guests to meet. Oh and you smell like roses, I love roses." He said seductively, I giggled before he lead me to a couple who were a chat with two other people. They smiled at Hunter before greeting him.

"Clea,Mick,Tatiana and William meet Louisa." Hunted introduced and they all smiled at me.

"It's so lovely to meet you, I was hopping that Hunter would settle down soon and I hope he has" Hunter laughed.

"Yes I have she will be our future queen and I am proud to say it." I blushed at his statement as Tatiana cooed.

"Aww she's blushing, you must really like each other." Hunter laughed. You don't know the whole story I felt like saying to her. Hunter said his goodbyes before seeing a few more people before he grabbed a glass and a knife, then going up the stairs. Once at the top he hit his glass with his knife before all the chattering became quiet. Everyone looked at us and He smiled at me before speaking.

"Hello and thank you for coming to my ball, it is such a pleasure to see such familiar faces and to see you all again. I would you all to know that this Louisa and she will be your future queen. I am proud to say that she is the woman I love and I have never met someone as beautiful as her." I blushed at his comment but scolded myself. "So Louisa as you already know that I am not a very nice person to work with but we got through that and now we are happy and you look absolutely beautiful tonight." I blushed yet again. "Louisa."

"Yes Hunter." I stated nervously not knowing what was happening.

"Will you marry me?" He asked getting down on one knee and pulling out a massive ring, my breath hitched in my throat.