6. The Noble House of Black

"I bet my mother's proud of me, from each bruise upon my knuckle and each scrape upon me knee" ~ Ed Sheeran, Bibia Ye Ye

Mrs Weasley follows us upstairs, looking grim. 

"I want you all to go straight to bed, no talking," she says as we reach the first landing, "we've got a busy day tomorrow. I expect Ginny and Asher are asleep," she adds, "so try not to wake them up."

"Asleep, yeah right," Fred says in an undertone, before leaning in to kiss Tay's cheek. "If Ginny and Asher aren't laying awake waiting for us to tell them everything they said downstairs, then I'm a Flobberworm."

We break off with the boys and enter our bedroom, where, sure enough, Ginny is laying wide awake. She bolts upright as soon as Mrs Weasley closes the door behind us, clearly itching to ask questions. 

"I almost forgot," Tay mutters, crossing to the door and bolting it. 

"What're you doing that for?"

"Kreacher," she says, as she turns off the light. "First night I was here he came wandering in at three in the morning. Trust me, you don't want to wake up and find him prowling around your room. Anyway..." She gets into her bed and climbs under the covers, and I follow suit. 

"What do you think?" Hermione asks, giving Ginny a silencing stare. 

I don't need to ask what she means. 

"Well, they didn't tell us much we couldn't have guessed ourselves," I say honestly. "I mean, all they've really said is that the Order is trying to stop people joining Vold - "

There is a sharp intake of air. 

"- demort," I say firmly. "When are you going to start using his name? You're only giving him the power you don't want him to have."

They ignore this comment. 

"You're right," Hermione says, "we already knew everything they told us, from using the Extendable Ears. You really didn't miss anything important, Ginny." 

"Apart from the weapon Sirius and your Dad mentioned," Tay says. 

"Let slip, more like," I mutter. "You didn't hear anything about that, did you?"

"No," Tay says, heaving a sigh. "What d'you reckon it is?"

"Could be anything," Hermione muses. 

"But there can't be anything worse than the Avada Kedavra Curse, can there?" Tay asks. "What's worse than death?"

"Maybe it's something that can kill loads of people at once," Ginny suggests. 

"Maybe it's some particularly painful way of killing people," Tay adds fearfully. 

"No, he's got the Cruciatus Curse for causing pain," I tell them, "he doesn't need anything more efficient than that."

There is a long pause, and I knew that the others, like me, are wondering what horrors this weapon could perpetrate. 

"So who d'you think's got it now?" Tay asks. 

"I hope it's our side," Hermione says, sounding nervous. 

"If it is, Dumbledore's probably keeping it," I say thoughtfully. 

"At Hogwarts?"

"I bet it is!" Tay says. "They kept that stone there, after all."

"A weapon's gonna be a lot bigger than the Philosopher's Stone," I tell her. 

"Not necessarily," Hermione says. "Size is no guarantee of power."