Chapter four first song

After my non filling dinner the euphoria was beginning to wear off. " Hey Raven wait up!" Cyborg shouted from the couch as i walked by. he pressed pause on the video game.

"DUDE?" Beast Boy's voice echoed out to me in the hall. 

" Hey. I have an... assignment for you. " Cyborg ejected a cd out of his waist and handed it to me. " watch this. you need to know it tomorrow. meet me in my room. i wanna see some skills."

I felt my eyebrows raise. "Everything You need is on this disk. I'll see you."

"O.K." i turned and walked down the hall to my bedroom. I pulled a laptop ( another gift from Cyborg) and inserted the CD. Music notes pulled up, and then an audio track. 

" I'm sorry if i seem uninterested or i'm not listening or i'm indifferent, truly i ain't got no business ere but since my friends are here i just came to kick it-"

I looked at the music notes again. HERE artist ALESSIA CARA. 

He wants me to learn a song? I hit print on the music notes then pulled my bass out from its iding place. I strummed out the notes but i ount put it together yet. PERHAPS IF YOU WOULD LISTEN TO THE SONG IT WILL CLICK INTO PLACE wisdom's words made sense. i restarted the audio, listened to a few times and then played along. it was easy. easy as meditating. 

SING ALONG! Happy took over. " Excuse me if i seem a little unimpressed with this an antisocial pessimist but usually i don't mess with this and i know you mean only the best and your intentions aren't to bother me but honestly i'd rather be somewhere with my people we can kick it and just listen to some music wit a message like we usually do" 

I felt a smile tug on my face. This song was easy bass wize. Very smooth. The lyrics were fun to sing. it was a good choice logically for a fist song. but as i sang the lyrics i thought of all the parties Beastboy and Starfire had dragged me to. 

The song fit me as a person maybe not my genre but i think it described me well. Cyborg was in for one hell of a surprise. 

"Raven!" I heard my name called and the pounding on my door. The volume wa pretty high. I turned it down and slip my bass back under my bed again. 

"Beast Boy?" I opened my door to see him standing there, face slightly flushed. He had one hand behind his back and the other one on the back of his neck. 

" Hey Rae.. can i come in for a second?"

" Its Raven." i stepped back. " And no." his ears drooped 

"Please Raven... i got you a surprise."

His sadness hit me like a small wave on the sand. " O.k. Just for a second and no touching anything ok." I moved aside and let him enter my room. " So what do you want Beast Boy?"

                                               -BEASTBOY-

I was blushing by the time se opened the door. the music was loud enough to hear at the door. Id never known she even actually listened to music. I recognised the song Cyborg and I used to joke about how it sounded like Rae.

Her scent hit me like a cannon ball when she opened the door. She was sweating just enough to amplify it. He face was flushed.. i could have sworn she was glowing... if it wasn't for the slightly annoyed look on her face. " He Rae. . can i um... come in for a second?"

Her face was pinker small gasps for air were making her chest rise and fall. " My name is Raven and no"

I felt myself deflate. i could have just turned and left then but for some reason i had to stay. I didn't know why it was suddenly so important to see her. so important to be invited inside her bedroom. 

"Please Raven." My voice came out higher than i wanted it to. Suddenly it felt like i was choking up. " I got a surprise for you. "

The look she gave me was one i'd never seen before. " O.K. Just or a second. and don't touch anything!"

walking into her room was like walking into an old bookstore. clean, crisp wallpaper, purple and smokey gray design on the walls, candles covering everything. a vanity mirror , bookshelves lined the walls and an old chest and dresser. 

suddenly my eyes fell on her queen sized bed. I bet her blankets smelled like lavender too. 

" Beast Boy?" She snapped her fingers in my face. " You got a surprise?"

I had a surprise all right. I shook my head to clear it. " Yeah its uh right here. " I handed her the box of leftover pizza that i had snagged for her. veggie and pepperoni. Her eyes lit up. " I heard a distinct lack of gagging at the dinner table and figured you didn't really taste or eat anything, so i saved you some."

To my complete surprise she looked up at me right in my eyes and smiled. 

" Thank you garfield!"My insides were on a slippery slide, and spiraling out of control like a roller coaster into a tsunami. " Do you want to eat with me? You know... as a thank you?" I nodded. I couldn't speak yet. i took up a piece of veggie pizza and stuffed it in my mout. She laughed! She laughed and took a bite out of the cheese and pepperoni! 

Somehow swallowing a massive amount of food always helped me find my voice. " So i didn't know you listened to music.. got any favorite bands?"

Her smile dropped back down to her normal expression " No.. i um just kinda started in on the music. Do you have any favorites?"

I smiled. She has known me for years but she never asked me a question like this before. " I like a lot of different things. but right now i'm super into this band 21 pilots."

I took another bite of pizza.

" 21 pilots.. i'll have to listen to them sometime..."

I almost choked. " Yeah.. you should look through my CDs sometime. you can borrow anything you want..."

" I would like that." I stood up off the bed that i just realized i was sittin on. my stomach was flipping so much i had started to wonder if i maybe had dinner with Starfire too.. without the portal. 

"Ill um.. i'll see you later.. i better get some shuteye."

She got up and walked over to the door with me " Tomorrow..."

Before i was ready she closed the door behind me. 

"What the hell just happened to me?"