Chapter 2

"And that's fifteen dollars." Zayn says, placing the last note on the pile.

"Can I get the jersey and the crayon box plus a drawing book in that?" Louis asks, staring at the ceiling.

"The jersey itself costs fifteen dollars man. Just chuck the crayon box, that kids parents will get him another. But you've been saving up for this because your mom is not going to get you the jersey!" Zayn says, finding it ridiculous that Louis would want to give up his savings for a kid. Yeah it was sad, but it was just a crayon box and a book! This saving was for a jersey.

"Alright. I'll just get the jersey then." Louis mumbles, facing his back towards Zayn.

Louis frowned, what Zayn said was right. Harry's mom would get him new stuff but it was Louis' fault that Harry lost them in the first place and why did Harry's parents need to do something for Harry when Louis could.

"Why do you care about that kid anyway? Last time you told me you didn't like him and he was 'annoying.'" Zany said, rolling his eyes.

"I don't know Zayn, it just feels like I have to. Back then in the park, remember when I was feeling weird? But later when the kid was with me and not crying anymore I just felt...okay again? I don't know Zayn, but you said you should do what your heart tells you to do and I'm doing just that. The kid is still annoying though." Louis says, shutting his eyes.

"I told you to follow your heart, but don't follow your heart if it's leading you to the pits of hell. But anyway, you can care about that kid all you want , and I'll help you because whatever makes you happy, makes me happy. But the crayon part is ridiculous." Zayn said staring at him.

"I said I'm not buying it!" Louis said, throwing his arms in the air.

"But do you mean it now?" Zayn says, raising his eyebrows.

Louis smiles sheepishly at him.

Zayn just shakes his head.

***

"I still can't believe I'm letting you do this!" Zayn exclaims next to Louis as he searches through the crayon isle for the best one.

"Which one is the best? You like art stuff you should know." Louis ignores him and asks.

Zayn sighs and shoves Louis away, searching through the pile, "All fifty or twenty five shades would do?" Zayn asks.

"All fifty." Louis says, grinning at Zayn.

Zayn sighs before picking out the one he thinks is the best.

"You're unbelievable." Zayn mutters as they stand in the check out line.

"You love me!" Louis says, kissing Zayn on the cheek.

"Eww, Louis." Zayn says, groaning but then smiles nonetheless.

When it's their turn, Louis places the crayon box and the drawing book on the counter.

"That'll be ten dollars." The girl behind the counter asks.

"Do you think that's the best crayon package in your store?" Louis asks looking up at the girl.

Zayn almost bangs his head on the counter.

The girl behind the counter laughs, "You chose it for yourself didn't you?" She asks.

"Actually its not for me, I don't really like all this. But my question." Louis asks again.

"Yes it is." The girl answers.

Louis then nods and pays the money and leaves with the bag. Zayn behind him.