Chapter 11

Louis age 20
Harry age 16
****
"Louis." Harry whispered over the phone, a grin on his face, his eyes looking at the people at the hospital, like they couldn't know the secret Harry was about to share with Louis.

"Is everything okay Harry?" Louis asks, worried. Harry rolled his eyes, he was always worried apparently.

"Louis I took the test today." Harry whispers. There's silence on the other end of the phone. Harry could hear Louis take in a breath.

"And?" Louis asks, biting his lips.

"I can have my own babies, Louis." Harry says, his grin widening if that's possible.

Louis doesn't say anything for a while.

"Lou?" Harry asks, wasn't Louis happy?

"That's—that's wonderful news Harry shit. That's awesome! How happy are you?!" Louis realises that Harry and him could have their own baby, Louis gets to see their child grow in Harry ! His smile could split his face.

"I'm the happiest Lou, you know how much I wanted it!" Harry says.

"I'm so happy for you."

"Thanks Lou."

****

"Louis I'm going to throw up." Harry says, hand covering his mouth, sweat on his forehead, his palms sweaty.

Louis held Harry's face, looking into his eyes, he started, "You're going to be amazing, you get that? You have the loveliest voice out there. You're going to be a superstar, like I told you during that talent show of yours. I believe in you. Okay?"

Harry looked into the blue eyes he trusted so much, "okay."

"And don't you dare forget me when you became a famous pop star or something." Louis says, grinning.

"I could never forget you, Lou." Harry says, hugging Louis.

"You better not. Now smile for a picture, I have to make sure I have evidence to show that yes I'm best friends with the worlds biggest pop star." Louis says, then asking Harry's mother to click their picture.

"You're going to do great honey." Anne assures Harry.

Harry nods.

He stands next to Louis, holding his hand tightly.

He only leaves Louis when his name is called. The last thing he sees before he's ushered onto stage is Louis' smile.

***

Louis had come all the way from college to support Harry when he auditioned for X Factor. Louis knew the boy, his boy, was destined to do great things. Louis didn't like the idea of sharing Harry with the world but he had talent and god knows Louis was proud of him.

Louis watched him through the TV screen when he walked on stage, saying he works in a bakery, and Louis watches as he sings, his voice beautiful. God Louis wanted to cry. When he finished singing Louis fisted the t-shirt he was wearing, waiting for the judges to begin speaking.

He was amazing, none of them can say no to him.

Louis was sure he would fight if they told no to Harry. Louis made sure Harry had everything in life—it seemed extreme but he would do anything for his boy.

His smile grew as Harry got a yes from all four of them. Tears—happy tears—making their way down his cheeks.

He did it.

And when he hugged Harry tightly that day, he knew his soulmate was going to achieve great things and this was just the start. He was just happy he got to be be with him through it all.

*****

Harry age 17
Louis age 21

Harry signed a record label after he came third in the X Factor. And like Louis had predicted, he only grew. Grew to be this wonderful, successful, beautiful person who everyone loved—because who couldn't?

He released his first album which went to number one, at the mere age of seventeen. Louis had watched him do interviews, he'd tagged along to some of them too, watching from the sidelines a proud smile always on his face.

But when Louis cuddled him in their childhood bed at the age of twenty one, the boy in his arms was no pop star, he was his Harry. And he was so glad he got to have him.

Harry was seventeen, just one more year and he'd know.

Louis brushed Harry's curls away from his face, watched him as he slept, he was tired—being a popstar was difficult okay?—Louis wondered if the house Louis was planning to buy for them would meet up to his expectations—Harry was big now, he could afford anything he wanted, Louis couldn't exactly do much. Louis wondered if Harry would even want to be with him.

Louis closed his eyes, trying to not think about it. Only time would tell.