Chapter 13

Louis age 22
Harry age 18

***

"Now today is a very special day," Harry speaks into his mic, his eyes going over to Louis who was standing in the front row, his smile widening when he catches Louis' eyes, he hears the crowd shout, "today my best friend turns twenty-two! Damn you're getting old Louis." Harry says, giggling when Louis glares at him.

"Louis decided to be here with me on his birthday and Christmas Eve when he could have been home," Louis thinks then, but I am home, "because he's the best best friend. So let's all sing happy birthday for Lou Bear here."

Louis grins when Harry starts singing happy Birthday into the mic, the crowd along with him, Louis see's himself on the big screen, his smile fond and god he looks so in love and how hasn't Harry figured out yet? It's not like he'll stop himself but still.

"Thank you for everything Louis, I wouldn't be who I am today without you, it's not even a lie. Thank you for always encouraging me and supporting me and sticking around. Love you." Harry says when they stop singing, and Louis is sure he has tears in his eyes. Two more months. Just two more and he can kiss Harry.

For now Louis shouts, "I love you too!" And hopes Harry knows he means it, in every sense.

*****
"I bought the house, it's wonderful Anne. It's in central London and everything is just so nice." Louis gushed, excited.

"We're so happy for you Louis. I'm so proud, you did it all on your own. I'm sure Harry is going to be happy too." Jay says, smiling at her son.

"I'm so happy my son got you as a soulmate, Louis. I know you'll take good care of him. When are you showing him the house anyway?" Anne asked.

"On his birthday, I think, because he'll know then too." Louis says.

"That's a good idea." Jay says, nodding.

"God I'm so excited for you two!" Anne squealed.

****

"Hey Haz." Louis said, smiling.

"Hey Louis." Harry said through the phone.

"How's America treating you?" Louis asked, his heart clenching, because god Harry will know and he won't have to keep everything contained.

"It's good, Lou. The crowds amazing, you should have come." Louis could imagine Harry's pout on the other end.

"Next time for sure Hazza. I had to take care of something here. What are you doing for your birthday? Have time for your old friend?"

"You know I always have time for you, Lou. Don't be stupid. I'll make sure I'm in Doncaster on my birthday." Harry adds.

"Actually, I want you to meet me in London. Your birthday gift is there." Louis says, grinning.

"What is my gift doing in London?"

"Only time can tell young Harold." Louis teases.

Harry groans, "I hate you, Lou."

"I love you too, Hazza. Now go do whatever you pop stars do." Louis says.

"See you soon Lou."

"See you."

*****

Louis waited patiently in front of their house. A two story house brick house — with a homey finish. A garden in the front, the house painted white. It had taken him four years. The local jobs he had taken when he was in college and then the very recent job as a school teacher. And a little of the savings his mother had kept for him in the bank. But he did it on his own was the thing.

Louis watched as a black Range Rover pulled in front of the house, Louis knew it was Harry's, he was here like Louis asked him. Louis took a deep breath. This is what the last four years had lead up to. Scratch that. This is what the twenty two years of his life had lead up to. He was finally going to have his soulmate.

Louis watched as Harry climbed out of the car, tripping on his way to Louis.

"Hey Lou—" Harry stopped when he looked into Louis' eyes, he felt the pain on his ring finger.

This was actually happening—Louis, he had figured out long ago.

Harry's eyes went down to Louis' left finger and he saw the tattoo there, he saw the rose.

"Louis." He said, whimpering, he was so happy.

"Hello, love." Louis says, standing in front of him, a smile on his face.

"You're—you're my soulmate Lou." Harry says, looking down at his finger, the pain hadn't subsided yet but he saw the flower tattoo come to life.

"God I had to wait for four years, the most difficult wait of my life. But I got to see you grow and I couldn't ask for anything more." Louis says, rubbing his thumb across Harry's cheeks.

"I knew you were my soulmate, I wanted you to be my soulmate so bad." Harry says, leaning into the touch.

Louis let's out a teary laugh, "oh I know. Your mum and Niall gave me the details."

Harry groans,"traitors."

Louis smiled and leaned up to press a kiss on Harry's lips. Louis still couldn't believe Harry was taller than him now. Harry's eyes fluttered shut.

Louis pulled back soon.

"I love you." Louis says, smiling at him, corners of his town eyes crinkling.

"I love you too Lou." Harry says, smiling wide.

"How do you like our house then, young Harold." Louis says, turning towards the house, his hands going around Harry's waist.

"You didn't." Harry says, a smiling growing on his face.

"Of course I did. Do you like it?" Louis asks nervously.

"I love it Louis, for how long have you been planning this?" Harry asks, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Since I got the tattoo, and when you weren't a freaking pop star." Louis says, smiling at him.

"You didn't have to." Harry puts in.

"Oh but you know how much I love doing things for you." Louis says, pulling at Harry's curls.

"You're ridiculous, Louis really. No more spending on me for a while now." Harry says sternly.

"No promises! You don't actually believe that now that you're a pop star I'll stop taking care of you." Louis says, placing a kiss on Harry's cheeks.

"Come on let's go in!" Harry says, dragging Louis.

When they enter the house, Harry pauses looking at their home.

"Oh Louis?" Harry says.

"Yeah?"

"Best birthday, ever."

•••••••

Basically the story ends here? I mean I can add a few family domestic chapters and all that but let's be honest I this rate it's a miracle I even posted this. I'm so sorry guys, I mean I WNAT to write but I'm just so lazy I have zero excuse for anything. But while I didn't write new chapters, I ended up starting two new fanfics. Yikes. Hopefully I'll complete them and then post it. Thank you for being patient with me. I love you guys x