Chapter 17 - After Trauma

"Mrs. Jian!" He Tian said a little louder than he wanted, getting startled by the sudden challenge the woman made.

"What?" She turned her head lightly, looking him in the eyes, her glare piercing through his skin. "Are you afraid, He Tian?"

"Ma'am, we've done all of this to save Jian Yi, and now you want to fuck everything up?"

"Oh, Zhan Zheng Xi." She smirked. "You are as naïve as everyone in this room." She stepped forward and He Qiang flinched, but didn't press the button. "I thought you were going to blow us, He Qiang." She stepped again, and again, stopping only when she was inches away from the taller man.

"You think I won't do it?" He hissed.

"I'm waiting for it." Her golden eyes were as cold as the Everest. "DO IT!" She screamed. He Qiang started, dropping the device. Mrs. Jian grabbed it before it hit the floor, smiling widely.

"Y-you-"

"Shut up!" She pried the device open with her long nails, pulling the wires until they snapped. Then the blonde woman tossed it on the floor, stepping on it loudly. "You are a coward."

"What?"

"That's the reason why his father doesn't want you. That's the reason why I don't want you either. Nobody wants a fucking coward as their underling."

"I'm not a coward." His voice trembled in a murmur.

"Really?" She reached for something on the back of her shorts. Hearing the known clicking sound, He Qiang knew she had just pushed the gun's barrel. The blonde pointed it at his forehead, feeling the man shaking through the gun's grip. "Why are you shuddering, then?"

The next chain of events happened very fast. She pulled the trigger. He Qiang screamed, dropping on his knees. Zhan Zheng Xi, He Tian and Mo Guan Shan jumped surprised. And then they heard a loud maniac laugh. When Redhead looked up, he saw the older He curled into a ball, crying, and Jian Yi's mother completely out of her mind.

"The gun was locked." She said after taking a deep breath. "I'm not a coward." She used a mocking tone. "I'm not a coward but I'm crying as a baby because my ex-boss' wife shot me."

"Mrs. Jian? Are you ok?" Zhan Zheng Xi asked.

"You are pathetic, He Qiang. And don't play dumb because I knew your plans all along. 'I'll get this brainless She Li dude help. I'll let him break Jian Yi until he is useless. Then I'll hand Jian Yi to Mr. Jian. He will take me back, forgive me and give me his son's position, since the boy will be no good.' Am I wrong?"

He Qiang stared blankly at her. Eyes wide. Mouth agape.

"But you failed miserably. And Jian Yi is not broke, he is just traumatized. But I'm sure you are going to point every single person that laid a hand on my son, won't you?" He nodded. "Good boy. Now hand me the keys."

"They are with She Li. I only had the keys to Guan Shan's handcuff, and he doesn't need it because his arms are broken." He whispered.

"Come with me." She pointed the gun to him again, now unlocking it. "You two take care of the other three. I'll take this scum downstairs."

"Yes ma'am."

He Qiang left the room first, being followed closely by the beautiful woman. He Tian ran towards Guan Shan, kneeling at his side. Zhan Zheng Xi went to his sister, resting the palm of his hands on her eyes.

"Close them." He whispered. "I don't want you to be more shocked than you already are." She nodded. "I'm going to take the tape out of your mouth, it might hurt. But you're strong, I know you are."