[1]

Hello everybody! Please enjoy this story as it continues on, and I hope this book goes to being successful. The fact that you, a reader; someone I have never met before, and is reading this very book and maybe these very lines, I am very thankful for you being here.

I don't get many readers, and if this book is a success in a couple months, years, or whatever and is reading this, then thank you. I'll stop talking now, on to the story!!

~Ray OUT!!

--------------------------------------------------

Theo

"Heart beats fast,
Colours and promises.

How to be brave,
how can I love when I'm afraid,
to fall.

Watching you stand alone,
all of my doubt,
suddenly goes away somehow..."

"Stop singing!" My father screamed from down the hall, causing me to whimper and hide in a corner, "Do you want to be put in the shed, boy?! I will if I fucking have to!" No answer.

"ANSWER ME!"

"Y-Yes father! I won't sing anymore!" I said aloud, then continued to quickly sweep the living room clean. I was lucky I didn't get a beating this morning, I don't think my stomach could take anymore after last night with the metal bat. I continued my chores, avoiding other pack members like the plague. After some time, a few members of the pack grew to hate me as much as my father. They never dared attack me though, they knew well enough either way when father dies I would take over.

I don't think I'm ready though, I mean look at me. I'm a scrawny little boy littered with bruises. That's not what an Alpha is supposed to look like. Alpha's are meant to be strong, fearless and nearly invincible.

"Hey, how's it going Alpha Theo?" One of my few tormentors, Jack asked, "Did ya get a good beating from your father? You better have, I'm too lazy to beat your ass today." Remember when I said a few members hated me just as much as my father? Well, Jack is one of the few. Him and his four buddies Anthony, Uriel, Iris, and Carl.

"I got enough beatings, thanks for asking..." I sneered, ignoring him as I continued to sweep the floor. He didn't seem happy about that, and roughly grabbed my arm, his nails digging into my skin drawing blood. He looked down at me with gritted teeth and bright red eyes, "Listen here you little shit, you'll never become the Alpha this pack deserves. You may have Alpha blood flowing inside you, but you're just as pathetic as any Omega. The only reason I'm not beat'in your puny ass to death is 'cause Alpha Reagan needs you to take over. But, guess what?"

"What?"

"I'm gonna be your Beta. So when Reagan's out of the way, all that is in between me and the Alpha position is you. I'll let you be Alpha for a while, but when the time is right, I'll kill you myself." He grinned, "Don't even try to exile me beforehand boy, you'll be dead before then."

"W-What if I tell my father before I become Alpha? H-He'd be angry at you and-"

"Ha! As if you will step up to your father! That's funny!" He smiled, then grabbed me by my throat, "You can tell him, but he won't believe you, Omega. You're such a loser, y'know that? Look at you, cowering before me." He looked at me one last time, before punching me in the face.

"On second though, maybe I don't have to kill you. I've got an even better idea..." That was all I heard him say, before I blacked out.

Jack

What a pathetic piece of scum he is, can't even fight back. How will this pack survive with such a whimsy guy like him as our leader? I admit he has a heart, but his heart will get him nowhere if he's this much of an Omega. I might as well throw him out of the pack, he's better off. The rouges might take him in, or just kill him. Either way, both options sound much better.

I dragged his body up the stairs to our Alpha's office, then knocked on the door, "Sir?"

"What do you want, Jack?" I heard him growl from behind the door, "What is so important that you need to ask me rather than anyone else?"

"I have Theo here." I said, "Gave him a good beating and a couple of words to stick with." There was rustling behind the door, then it flung open revealing the grumpy Alpha. He looked to his son, then to me, "What did he do this time?" I smiled, placing Theo down and telling Reagan, "Oh no, no, no! This isn't about punishment! I have come up with a plan, a brilliant plan. A plan that can rid the pack of this disappointment once and for all, without the need to search for another Alpha!"

"Hm, I'm listening..."

"Make me next in line as Alpha." I smiled, "You have always said I've been like a son to you, unlike this pathetic rat. I can lead, and I can fight. You know I am the better choice here, this thing will just cause you and this pack more problems than it should."

The Alpha looked at me, and sighed, "I have nothing against you becoming Alpha, however, what am I to do with this disgrace of a son? Death is not enough!"

"Feed him to the rouges," I said, "they will chew him up the second he leaves our territory."

"What about Crimson Reapers territory? Did you think about that?" The Alpha snapped, "If they find out I exiled my own flesh and blood to the rouges, we are all done for. Or what if he finds his mate out there? If he finds his mate, I will have no choice but to step down and make him Alpha."

"Don't worry about that, I have it all under control. By the time he wakes up, he'll already be dead."