[6]

Jack

"Damn rouge, ruining me for life." I snapped, slamming both fists down on the sink as I looked at myself in the mirror. That rouge's claws just barely missed my eye. Any closer, I would've gone blind in the eye like that Crimson Reapers Alpha. I heard rumours of how he treated his pack, quite pathetic really. He used to be my idol. He ruled with an iron fist, and held no mercy to those he knew deserved punishment. All I hear nowadays is the 'oh look, the great Alpha did it again! He rescued a band of rouges!' It's so pathetic, it makes me sick.

"Jack?" Uriel peaked into the washroom, "Alpha Reagan wants to see you, something about Theo?"

"Ah yes, being him in!" I put on a fake smile, "Please, bring him in. Bring him in!" I exited the washroom and waited at my desk for the Alpha to enter my room. He soon emerged, an unpleasant look plastered on his face, "Where is Theo?"

"Why should you care?" I asked, standing up from my chair, "He is gone, and we both got what we wanted! The rouges ate him up like dessert, priceless."

"Why do I have a feeling that you are lying to me, Jack?" The Alpha questioned, getting all up in my face as I could smell his breath reeking of alcohol, "If you are, you can say goodbye to that spot as the next Alpha. I need proof, evidence that disgrace of a son is dead and his corpse in your possession. Got that?"

"Of course Alpha," I bowed, hiding my scowl behind the bangs hanging in front of my face. "I will bring you his corpse as soon as I find it." Dammit, I thought the Alpha was stupid enough to fall for a simple trick. I guess not. Reagan chuckled, pulling at my hair, "You better, I don't want that thing coming back anytime soon."

Alpha was just about leaving my room, but it got me wondering. I know Theo was a weakling, but we all knew Reagan was a loving father to him. I don't understand how someone like him could hate his son because of the size of his wolf. To be honest, most wolves don't grow completely until after puberty. I lifted my head and called out, "Alpha Reagan?"

"What?"

"I'm curious," I said, "why do you hate your son? He is a disgrace but, with the proper training he could become the Alpha you want him to be."

"You want to know why I hate him now?" He asked, and I nodded. He grimaced, looking at me straight in the eye and scowled, "I've always hated him from the beginning, I had to pretend like I did right when I found him."

"Found him? Wait, wha-"

"Jack, Jack, Jack... enough with the questions." He smirked, "Let's just say, I was just following orders."

Cloud

Yawning, I stretched out my arms as I took in my surroundings. The other side of the bed was messy, and I had just caught site of a flash of neon green leaving the room. I jumped out of bed and followed quietly behind him, watching as he asked a pack member to carry him and his wheelchair down the stairs. I growled, it should be me carrying him down the stairs!

"Uh, I dunno Alpha Theo..." the girl thought, "sorry." How dare she?! My little Theo just asked for her help and she declines?! You fool! Hastily, I walked over to the two and grabbed hold of Theo's wheelchair, "You may go, I'll take care of this." The girl quickly ran off, Theo handing me a confused look, "Why are you helping me?"

"I'm your mate. Does that not count as enough reason to bring you to and from everywhere?"

"Well I-I just thought you wouldn't want to be bothered in the morning. So I pull myself out of bed so wouldn't wake you up, and ask people who are already awake to help me down." Theo replied, gesturing to the stairs below, "Are you mad?"