12 | i see it now

Unedited
* * *

I feel a heavy arm wrapped around my waist, and a strong scent of alcohol. The smell wasn't exactly pleasant, nor was the arm that appears to be male for the muscular appearance. It takes me only a few moments to process the situation, my eyes still resting.  I can feel my body tense, realizing the possibilities that I may have slept with someone.

I open my eyes slowly to see a blank wall, the sunlight peeking through the dorm room. I glance up to see my my poster that reads 'Got Book?' and realize that I am in my room. That's one worry out the window.

I slowly look down to see my body still fully clothed and still under the weight of an arm. I sigh in relief, knowing that I was still fully dressed before beginning to question why there was an arm around my waist.

Was it Farlan? I remember him carrying me to a room last night. Maybe, just maybe.

I manage to turn my head far enough to see locks of brown, a darker brown than Farlan's. I instantly fluster, turning my head back, realizing now whose arm it actually was.

It was somewhat comforting, being in Eren's arms, but i couldn't help but feel embarrassed for being in such an awkward position. A part of me wanted to stay tangled in the bed sheets, but I also didn't want Eren to think that acting this was was acceptable.

With wide eyes and a quick bearing heart I crazily jerk away from Eren. I am flustered, embarrassed, and ashamed. How long had we been lying together? Did I say anything I wasn't supposed to?

An awful pain surges through my temples. I grasp the sides of my head with both hands and let out a painful yelp, never before feeling such a migraine. Eren's eyes flutter open to see me in an awkward position, my body only rocks back and forth. With a tired voice he asks what's wrong and I don't respond at first. Eren catches on before i could explain my migraine and he bursts into an annoying laughter.

"Shit, Levi, stop crying like a baby, it's just a hangover."

"But I didn't–"

"You drank more than my mom on weekends," Eren cuts me off in a flat tone.

"Carla drinks?" It was hard to believe Mrs. Yeager would be that much of an alcoholic, I've never seen her drunk before. Then again, I don't live with her.

I flop to my side and whine, Eren lazily rolling his eyes I'm annoyance to my childish state. I really wasn't used to this feeling, migraines were common but to have it irk me this harsh was unreal. Eren eventually gets fed up with my whining and shakes his head.

"Never mind, let me get you an aspirin," Eren says as he slides out of bed.

I rub my temples as I force myself into a seated position, watching Eren stroll to his nightstand to retrieve a bottle of pills. By this time I remember that we had been sleeping in the same bed.

"Eren, why did we sleep together? I mean, not the sex kind of sleep but–"

"I felt like it," he interrupts.

I rub my temples in both annoyance and pain. Was he really going to act like this again? He's got a lot of nerve trying to slide into a relationship this way. Not that we are in a relationship, he hasn't asked.

Not that I'd accept or anything

"Here, I couldn't find aspirin but I have this," says Eren as he hands me a small pill and a bottle of water.

"What's this?" I ask. I examine the small pill before realizing it was ibuprofen. I look up at him before popping the pill into my mouth and swallowing it down with water.