14 | i think i do

Unedited
* * *

"My baby is home!" My mother cries as she lunges towards me with open arms.

I tried my best to duck away from her bone-crushing embrace, but i was too slow. My body is crushed under her, a groan of pain escapes my lips making Eren laugh.

Instead of Farlan driving me home, i asked Eren to do me the favor, since Farlan was going to Isabel's house to meet her parents. Christmas was in two days, and Farlan wanted to get things over with before the big night.

Eren steps away from his original leaning position and pats my mom on the shoulder. "Be careful, Levi just finished taking his finals, i don't think his little body can take much more."

I scowl. "I'm not little," I hiss.

My mom releases me and i can finally breathe again. She apologizes before pushing us to come inside, that Eren's mom was waiting for us. Eren looks at me with a crooked smile, waiting for me to step ahead of him.

"Don't you wanna see her straight away?" My mother asks, turning around to see that none of us had actually followed her. She was already at the door, while we were on the curb.

"I can wait, i have to park my car in the garage," says Eren, taking out his car keys again.

I shrug, taking my suitcase and finally following mother inside the house to only be taken in once again into another bone-crushing hug. Carla seemed to be more excited to see me than my actual mother, i could even hear a few bones crack to which i released a heavy groan of pain. For a moment, i felt light headed. I actually wanted to pass out from exhaustion, but Carla started to bombard me with endless questions.

"How are you Did finals go well? How are your grades? Did you meet any girls? Oh, let me take that suitcase for you!"

My mother grasps Carla's shoulder with a painful smile. "Carla, lay off a little. Poor Levi just got back from finals."

Says the mother that almost suffocated me a few minutes ago.

"Oh, I'm sorry, sweetheart. Would you like me to get you anything? Your mother and i can whip up a meal for you, would you like that?"

There she goes again, Carla pretending to be my second mother. I was flattered, but at this point in time i didn't really want anything but to plop on my bed with a good book and just relax. I turn down Carla's offer and plant a kiss on my mother's cheek before dragging myself up those treacherous stairs.

* * *

I didn't even realize i had fallen asleep until my mother came into my room in an enlightened mood. She removes the book that had managed to fall on my face and sets it upon the nightstand. She smiles, removing strands of hair from my sleeping face.

She whispers softly, lightly shaking my upper body. "Levi, wake up. Dinner's ready, come down and eat with us," she calls.

If I could describe the way my mother smiles, I wouldn't know what to say. The carefulness and caring manner that she manages to show my me every time we're together has no words. I love my mother, and I would never take her love for granted because some people don't get the same treatment, or worse, they don't have a mother.

I groan quietly, rolling to my side. She oats my side, giving me a final warning that dinner was ready before leaving the room.

I lie there, staring at the door with dropped eyes. It seems the only place I can ever get any sleep is at home, which i don't mind since that's exactly what i hoped for. With my mind in a daze i lazily rub my eyes tiredly before flopping out of bed. I almost tumble down the steps, forgetting the vengeance they held for me. Luckily no one at the table noticed this.