17 | strings to his heart

Unedited
* * *

“Eren, stop staring at me like that.”

“But you look so handsome today, babe.”

“Jesus, Eren, you're being so weird about this.”

I lay on top of Eren's crossed legs as I attempt to read peacefully. We are on my bed since it was closer to the heater, which I didn't complain about. Eren continues to play with my hair, braiding it different ways and finding the pass time to be amusing, though it wasn't on my end. My nose is stuck in a good book, something I never planned on reading since sappy romance stories weren't really my thing.

With only one few days back at Sina, Eren and I have been on a total of four dates–and yes, I am keeping track. New Years would have to be personal favorite so far, despite the fact that we couldn't share our New Years kiss. He did, however, manage to peck my lips which was more than enough to send my emotions on one hell of a ride.

Eren continues to twist my hair with his finger, swirling it until it curled on its own. He was bored, beyond bored and I didn't blame him. Before arriving there was a snow storm warning on the radio; so much for a soft snow this year.

I eventually sit up, hunching my shoulders over. The book is soon tossed in front of me. Eren scoots closer until his chest is against my back. He kisses my neck and I twitch from the cold touch before softly groaning.

“Eren, stop being weird.”

“I'm not being weird, it's called being affectionate. You should try it sometime–like now sometime.”

The corners of my lips curl into a small grin before I turn myself around to face Eren. He finds himself more comfortable crawling in top of my crossed legs, his crotch against my own which I found somewhat uncomfortable—but I'm not complaining. He wraps his legs around my torso and rests his forehead on my own, our eyes connecting and instantly locked.

“Hey,” I say.

“Hey,” he returns.

“You're beautiful,” I whisper.

“I know.”

I snort at his reply. God damn does this boy drives me nuts. I like him, I know that much. I learned that I did, but love? Not quite there, at least, not yet.

“Levi?” He hums.

“What is it?”

“Want to practice today? Your violin is right there.”

I sigh. What a great way to ruin the mood. I glance behind me at the violin case that is perfectly propped against the bookshelf. It's collected some dust over the months I've spent here.

“Eren, can we not today? I just want to stay in bed all day,” I groan before looking up at him.

“Levi, the show is in April and you said so yourself that it takes months to improve… you promised.”

He's right, I did promise–but I don't want to play the violin, I haven't been able to for years. I didn't stop because of traumatic experience, it wasn't anything personal, or even a reason at all. I just lost interest all of a sudden, and that was that. Everyone thought something had happened, that it was something serious but it was nothing of the sort.

“I did, didn't I?" I sigh. "Okay, what do you want me to play?"

There was a spark in Eren's eyes, a spark of happiness with hints of excitement as he looped his arms around my neck. He tackles me against the mattress, his body hovering over mine while he shimes a toothy smile. His arms are propped on both sides of my head.