Manipulation (Maxwell X Reader)

Requested by DontStarvetrashcan. I'm putting the Yandere thing on hold for now until I do this because reasons. So I hope you enjoy this! Also I know I've been pretty lazy updating this stuff, I'm so sorry! I'll try to do more updates more often!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maxwell's PoV

So she actually made it. I never suspected that anyone would be able to find my portal, let alone make it through the challenge worlds that I presented to them. However this one is different, she wasn't afraid when she was taken from her world and sucked into his one, or when she was presented with the clockwork defenders, or even when she was presented with me. She is definitely different.

And now she is coming up the pathway, illuminated by my fire pillars. Her (H/L) hair bouncing slightly behind her as she walked closer to me, holding the divining rod in her hand. She is still a bit of a distance away but I can see her appearance clearer now, her (E/C) eyes and (H/C) hair is much more definable now. I can see a look of curiosity on her face, not fearful, but full of wonder and interest.

She is looking at me. She must have heard the music, that dreadful song that has etched itself into my mind, playing non-stop as a punishment for my abuse of the shadows and the powers that they grant me. She is walking up to me with that look of curiosity still on her face. I find it odd how she doesn't seem scared in the slightest by my appearance, nor afraid of the shadows that still surround her.

She now stands in front of me, looking down at me, then at the throne of shadows that I am bound to. She doesn't speak to me, I doubt that she even wants to. She's just remaining silent while studying me and the chair I'm stuck on with interest. She then looks at the musical box with an annoyed look, clearly as sick of the music as I am.

She walks over to it and after a while of fiddling with the knobs, turns it off.
"Thank you. That song has been playing non-stop." I say, which makes her jump and stare at me.
"You really talk?" She questions me.
"Of course I do, what did you expect?" I ask rhetorically, to which she responds by crossing her arms.
"Alright smart guy, how do I get you outa here?" She replied.

I just sat there with a shocked expression. She actually wants to let me out? After what I've done to her? I blanked out for a few seconds and once I returned to reality, she was standing in front of me, waving her hand in front of my face.
"Hello, you still there?" She asked, making sure I was ok.
"Yes, I'm fine, it's just... Why would you want to help me?" I ask her.

"What do you mean? Of course I should help you! It would be rude not to." She responds politely.
"But what I did... It was unforgivable..." I say sadly, looking down at the ground.
"Don't worry... Just hold still." She says as she pulls out an axe that she brought with her and steadies it so that it is ready to attack the shadows.

"That's not a good-" I said before being cut off by her hitting the thrown with her axe only for it to be broken, and the force of it throwing her backwards and making her land quite painfully on her back.
"I tried to warn you, that won't work." I tell her, making sure she won't do it again.
"Okay, well how do I get you out of here then?" She asks.

"Sigh... I'm afraid I do not know. There is a lock there but I don't know where the key is." I say, motioning to the strange lock on the ground with my head. She stares at the strange lock for a few moments, as if she is trying to remember something, then she pops back to reality and pulls out the divining rod. She glances my way for a split second with a look of pity before putting the diving rod into the lock.

I hear a click sound as the shadow throne begins to shake and the shadows around my hands and feet begin to loosen. The ground beneath the girl begins to shake too as I feel the throne lowering beneath me and my hands and feet being completely free from the shadows that bounded me to my seat. Now I stand up, completely free, it feels so amazing. It feels like all the sins and terrible deeds I have committed have been washed away.

However that feeling only lasted a few seconds before a new feeling overtook me. Pain. It felt like I was on fire, I could feel my skin melting away on my hands and legs, leaving no muscles and only bones. I was literally falling apart, my skin was corroding into nothingness as my bones became brittle. The last thing I saw was the girl being grabbed by the shadows before the pain took over my face and my vision fades to black.

---Time skip due to Author-Sama studying---

Still Maxwell's PoV

When I woke up I couldn't recognise where I was. It was grassy, I was next to a wooden structure, it was bright. It was bright! I finally made it out of that hellish dimension! I was so happy, but yet there was something wrong. It felt like something was missing. What was I forgetting... I look around, hoping for a clue as to what I'm forgetting.

There are trees, some burnt to ashes and some fully grown and green, there's water in the distance, that girl's base is not far from here. It was that girl! That's what I'm feeling right now. Guilt. It's my fault that that girl is now stuck in my place for eternity. It's simply unfair, and I'm not going to stand for it! Earlier I would have given anything to leave that world, but today I'm risking everything to go back there. After all, it would be rude to leave her there all alone.

I quickly grab my Codex Umbra and activate the portal again. As the flash of light engulfs me, I hold my book tight and prepare to face the worlds that I have created. I'm sure it won't be too terrible. I think back to that girl, I never even got her name! What kind of gentleman am I? Honestly... Well, it's too late now, I have to prepare myself for what I've created.

---time skip due to Author-Sama giving up--- ---on studying after 5 minutes---

Still Maxwell's PoV

Finally! I'm back in the place I despise! There really is no way to say that without sounding insane is there? Oh well... I quickly rush down the path, feeling the slight heat of the flaming pillars warm my skin and I head towards where the throne is. The girl should still be there, she should be stuck to the throne as I was. Luckily, I'm right, I hear the music playing a bit away.

After another minute of following the path, I finally see her, but not in the way I expected. She isn't scared or worried in the slightest, in fact, she seems rather excited to be the owner of this throne and the powers that the shadows give. Though she is bound to the shadows, she still smiles, she's making a small shadow puppet show on the ground. Is she joyous or just insane?

I watch her intently for a few seconds before she notices me and makes the shadows disappear. She is clearly shocked to see me.
"Oh, hello again Maxwell! What are you doing back here?" She asks me and I move closer to her, I can see now that her previous (E/C) eyes have dulled to a greyish-(E/C) and her hair has seemingly become more jagged and pointy. How does it even do that?

I continue to look her up and down noticing small differences in her appearance until I see a shadow in the form of a hand waving in front of me.
"Hello? You still there?" She says in a mocking manner, I quickly compose myself.
"O-oh! My apologies miss." I say respectfully, while she looks at me confused.
"Don't worry about it, but why are you back here." She asks me, to which I quickly reply,
"I just realised, I never asked your name miss." I respond.
"Oh yeah! I'm (Y/N)," she informs me, "I hope you'll keep me company for a bit." She says happily.
"Of course, it would be very ungentlemanly not to."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Did I just make up a word there? Who cares I'm not googling it! I hope you enjoyed this and I'm sooooooo sorry that I haven't been updating frequently! As you can tell by the time skips, I've been studying for exams and its brutal! Oh and also, remember two chapters ago when I thought 160 reads and 15 votes was good? Well it's got so much better! 350+ reads and 28 votes?! Thank you so much! And don't worry, I promise I'll try to update more often! (The next part may or may not be a 'chilled out' surfer X reader.) That's all, Bye byeee~