Chapter 35

"How can you say, Tristan and Isolde is better than Love Jones?" Isabeth fell back onto the loveseat placing the bowl of popcorn in her lap

"How can you say, Tristan and Isolde is better than Love Jones?" Isabeth fell back onto the loveseat placing the bowl of popcorn in her lap. "Love Jones is a classic."

Gavin walked out of the bathroom stretching the t-shirt over his damp hair. "Tristan and Isolde is a medieval legend with a history component." He swiped the bottle of ginger ale off the coffee table before plopping on the loveseat in the room. "What does Love Jones have?"

Faith looked at him bug-eyed which made the corners of Gavin's mouth turn up. "What does Love Jones have?" She mocked his deep baritone. "Larenz Tate and Nia Long, for one." She pushed his hand away from her popcorn. "A complicated, gut-wrenching love story with poetry and a kickass soundtrack." She plucked a kernel of popcorn into her mouth.

Faith leaned over grabbing her phone off the coffee table. She tapped the screen a couple of times and Maxwell's Sumthin, Sumthin began filling the walls of Gavin's royal blue bedroom.

"Case in point." She smirked.

He nodded along with the beats. "Okay.... that's a classic." He held his hands up in surrender. "But what about Love and Basketball?"

She huffed. "Love and Basketball has two of my favorite things; basketball and romance. So, hell yeah it's in my top five."

Gavin's gaze softened as he took in her easygoing persona. Her hair was twisted messily in a clamp while wearing gray sweats and a fitted white tee. "And what about Faith and Gavin?"

"What about us?" Her hand lied on the popcorn.

"Where do you rank our story?"

"We don't...have a story." She matched his eyes. "You broke up with me."

"I broke up with you or you forced me to break up with you?"

"Does it matter which one."

"Yes." He breathed out. "One says I ended it. The other is you giving up and making me end it."

"I didn't give up."

"Why didn't you tell me the truth?" He scooted closer to her. "Did you think I would resent you...leave you for getting raped?"

"You didn't need to get swept up in my drama." She dropped her head. A tear splashed onto the popcorn.

"Impossible." He placed the tip of his fingers under her chin and raised her head make up. "Because your drama is my drama."

Faith circled her hand around his wide wrist. "I miss you so much." She whined through a heavy breath. "Why won't you just wake up?"

Wake up. Wake up. Wake up.

The words repeated as Faith's eyelids blinked open. The light sting her irises and she wanted to close them back but the male voice to her side called to her.

"Faith. Faith." He said stroking her disheveled hair. "You're in the hospital."

She pulled at the cord.

He stopped her hand, "That's you IV. You need that in."

She looked up and over to see how this man was that was telling her what to do. "Auggie."

"Yes." He smiled warmly. "Its me. I've been here since you came in...and so has he." He looked over at the man fast asleep on the generic sofa by the window. "Who is he?"

She ignored his question as her head started to pound furiously. "How long have I been in here?" She held her temple and let her eyes close back.

"Two days," Auggie answered checking her vitals. "You've been out for two days." This time relief cloaked his voice.

"Two days." Faith murmured as her head weakly fell back on the pillow and her eyes closed.

We can take a deep breath. It seems Faith is going to be okay. We hope.

Faith is a lover of Love Jones, What is your favorite romance movie?

Thanks for reading! Remember to comment and vote.