Chapter 51

They were a dysfunctional team but they used each other's knowledge to find Isabeth

They were a dysfunctional team but they used each other's knowledge to find Isabeth. Fulton knew the Modus operandi and the dwelling patterns of the psychopath they were dealing with. Clayton had the governmental clearance to search license plates, names, and aliases. Alex, well he was the cheerleader that pushed the men forward after multiple failed attempts. It took hours for them to get a hit but just after midnight, they got a hit.

They took Alex's car since he insisted it was the fastest. He floored the gas pedal for eighty miles out of the Evening's rural area to New Foster's countryside.

"This is a shitty plan." Clayton braced himself against the house. "This is a very shitty plan." His dress shoes grappled for something to clung to other than mud and grass.

Alex knelt under the window. "You can go to the end of the road and wait for your boys in blue if you tod too...but I'm going in that house and getting the girl that I love." He peeked in the window.

Alex undid his tie, rolled it up, and stuffed it in his pocket. "I told her I would protect her and I'm doing that." He pulled his gun out of the holster and took the safety off.

"I cut the power." Fulton leaned against the house's rigid brick frame.

"Okay." Alex rolled up the sleeves of his plaid shirt. "So, how do we get in?"

"Crazy people don't use locks." Fulton stuck his fingertips under the window's bottom rail and lifted. "They have nothing to fear." He raised the window all the way up and then gestured to Alex.

Alex stuck his leg through the window and dipped his body down. "Thank you for the wisdom." He rolled his eyes and then pulled the rest of his body into the house. 

Thanks for reading! Remember to comment and vote.