chapter six

thoughts

Akaashi slammed his hands down angrily on the piano keys in front of him causing a discordant sound to ring throughout his house. It had been a day since he'd seen the girl at the ice rink and, all day long, images of her laughing and smiling had been swimming around his mind.

Glancing at the clock perched on the lid of the piano, he realised he'd wasted about an hour attempting to concentrate on playing music and it was already eight (8) pm. After closing the fallboard back over the keys, the teenager pushed the stool he had been sat on under the piano and slipped out of the music room, through the living room and into the kitchen.

Sipping from the glass of water he'd gotten, Akaashi moved through the empty house towards his bedroom. His socks muted his footsteps as he methodically flipped the lights off in each room of the house. He hated being in this house alone, which he so often was, the silence was off-putting, even eerie and he didn't even have a pet to keep him company. The only relief he got from it was when Bokuto came to sleep or when he left the house for practice or college.

He plopped himself down at his desk, in front of his laptop and drummed his fingers on the table; uncertain of what the choice he was about to make would pertain to. Before he could talk himself out of it, he typed a message and sent it.

To owlboy:

Do you have (Y/N)'s number?

The laptop pinged with a reply immediately.

To aka-chan

DO U HAVE A CRUSH ON HER?!?!?!?

To owlboy:

How is that relevant?

To aka-chan:

IT JUST IS

To owlboy:

Do you have her number, or not?

To aka-chan:

I WONT TELL U HER NUMBER IF U DONT ANSWER ME!

To owlboy:

Are you able to take caplocks off?

To owlboy:

Nevermind,actually.

To owlboy:

If I tell you, you have to promise you won't tell her.

To aka-chan:

I NEW IT YOU HAVE A CRUSH ON HER OMG I NEW IT!!!!

To aka-chan:

i dont hav her number tho

Was this boy actually serious? Akaashi sighed and ran his hands through his hair before returning to his keyboard.

To owlboy:

I hate you

To aka-chan:

oooo nooo aka misse da fulltop he must be mad

To owlboy:

-_-

To aka-chan:

she'll practice tomoz we can go see her

To owlboy:

That's creepy.

To aka-chan:

u want her number or nah?

To owlboy:

...

To owlboy:

Fine.

a/n oh man it's been ages i had to re-read all my shitty writing anyway enjoy!