Confessions

4 months later

The project that we were assigned was to do a base so we can reduce the violence and robbery in the village and in the kingdom especially if pirates decide to lurk around, we will be ready to attack them.

Killian and I stood near the table and looked over the plans for the base as they were being built. We've been spending a lot of time together and I was loving it. I know I'm technically engaged even though I never agreed to it but that doesn't mean I can't hang out with Killian.

I'm there tapping my fingers on the paper when I hear someone call out to me. "Hey you look beautiful." I stop tapping and I blush. "Thanks." He smiles. "And you look handsome." He smiles then makes his way over to me. "Emma I've been having so much fun working on this project with you even though half of time the work is boring but with you, it never is." I smile.

"I enjoy it as well Killian." He sits down and leans close to me. My heart starts to pound super fast. He leans in to kiss me and I close my eyes. I feel his breath against my lips which makes my skin all tingly. I sigh then back away. "I'm sorry, I can't." He coughs.

"Of course I'm sorry Emma for my dishonorable actions, this shall not happen again." Oh God he is so sweet, of course I want this to happen again. "No it's just it can't happen." I say in a sad tone. He nods. "I'm sorry that my feelings for you have brought you such discomfort," he says and lowers his head in shame. "No," I softly say as a tear comes rolling down my face.

"Your feelings towards me don't bring me discomfort, on the contrary, I'm really into you." He looks up and smiles. "Really?" I nod. "Yeah but we can't be together." He gave me a baffled look. "Why?" I turn around and just stood there. "Look I really like you ever since we met on the docks I fell for you but we can't, I don't want to hurt you." He scoffs. "Spit it out Emma, what do you really mean?"

I turn around and I put the ring back on my finger. I grabbed his hand and he looks at my ring. "You're engaged?" I nod. "Why didn't you tell me?" "I'm sorry look it's an arranged marriage this happened after we met that day and since that day I had feelings for you but my parents and his parents are forcing me to be with him, with Robin my fiancé," I say with tears in my eyes.

"I'm sorry but I can't be with another man's fiancé." "No, Killian look Robin loves another woman as I love someone else." I could see the pain in his eyes and all I could think about was the promise I made to Leilani of not hurting Killian. "Please Killian." He sighs.

"Look my feelings for you will never change but I just need some time to soak everything in." I start to cry. "I knew this was going to happen sooner or later," I say under my breath. He turns around and hugs me and kisses me in the forehead. I closed my eyes and I could feel the tears falling down my cheek.

"I do love you Emma but I am an honest man and I have to honor your parent's wishes." I nod. He starts to walk away and I'm just standing there crying. He comes running and I gasp. "Ah just this once I won't honor those wishes," he says and kisses me. It was such a passionate kiss; I couldn't stop crying as we were kissing. I was just losing myself in the embrace of his kiss. I just had my arms around his neck and he had his arms around my back.

After minutes of passionate kissing we hear someone scream out my name. We let go of each other as we gasp for air and we turn around and see that it was my mother. "What is the meaning of this?" She screams. "You are an engaged woman Emma and Killian I expected more from you how dare-" I interrupt her. "Mother he had nothing to do with this." She scoffs.

"Oh really, so you were just kissing yourself?" She asks sarcastically. I hate when she gets all sarcastic and sassy with me. "Look this is the man that I said I love mom; I don't love Robin." Killian is just standing there quietly. "Look mom he didn't know I was engaged I never told him." "Shame on you," she says then she slaps me. I'm staring at her with hurt in my eyes.

"Please your majesty," Killian says and goes over to me and caresses my cheek. "No Killian she is engaged; you guys can't be together." Killian is hugging me and keeps caressing my cheek. "Then tell me this Killian, do you really love Emma as she says she loves you?" "Aye I do," he says as he's hugging me. I couldn't help but smile.

"Ok I see," she says. I sigh I relief then her face changes. "I'm sorry but you guys can't be together," she says and pulls me away from Killian. "I'm sorry mother but I love Killian with all my heart." "I'm sorry but you two will never be together and from this day on you will not work together and Emma you will stay within the castle walls and never step foot outside." I gasp.

"And Killian I'm sorry, you are always welcome in our home but please don't get close to Emma." He shakes his head. "I will be with Emma if it's the last thing I do your majesty because I love her with all my heart" She smiles. "I know you do but please don't make things more difficult," she says then we walk away leaving Killian standing there.

My heart was broken, I was so destroyed that I didn't know what I was going to do. I had the man I love confess his feelings towards me and I can't even be with him. How I wish I wasn't a princess, or better yet how I wish I wasn't a part of this family.