A Tough Life

I can't believe my twins are two years already. Which means that it's nearly three years since I've seen Killian or Aqua. How I missed them so. Today I was outside with the kids as they were playing by the eating grounds. I kept a sharp eye out because any of these people could come and hurt my babies.

Shane then walks up to me and smiles. "You're kids are getting stronger and stronger with each passing day Emma." I smile. "I know right?" He smiles. That's when Leía walks up to Shane. "Daddy?" She says and I gasp. Shane chuckles and picks her up. "No sweetie I'm uncle Shane." She shakes her head and grabs his face. "Daddy," she says with a big smile. My heart hurt. Shane sighs. "Leía, I'm uncle Shane, not daddy."  She then hugs him.

"Daddy," she says and starts to fall asleep. "Emma I'm sorry..." I sigh. "It's ok I mean you do look like their father." That's when I hear Liam cry. I turn around and I see that another boy had pushed him to the ground. "Hey you there, what are you doing to my boy?" He gasps and that's when his mom gets in front of me. "Kaitlin what do you want?" She chuckles.

"You were yelling at my kid, so I'm here to fight for him." I chuckle. "I will not fight you." She then punches me. Shane then goes and grabs Liam. "Alright, suit yourself," I say and I kick her. We continued to fight until Kaitlin decided to forfeit." I laugh. "That's right you dumb woman, go on and take your boy with you." I really hated that here you had to fight for everything. I thought that after my father in law had passed that law would perish but now it didn't.

That's when I make my way to my house and I lay down. Damn another good three days that I have to spend in bed. Man life has never been fair with me and today is another day that proves it to be so. Liam and Leía come up to me and give me a sad look. "Owie, mommy," they both say as they point at my bruises.

"Yes owie my darlings but it's all to protect you two." They smile and that's when Shane walks in. "Daddy," they both say and he sighs. "Leía, Liam, I'm not daddy." They both give him a confused look. He sighs. "Hey Emma Im a take them out so they can eat." I nod. "But please look out for them, you know the people just want to hurt them." He nods. He walks out and I lean back down and I start to cry.

I was tired of living here. I want to go back home, I want to be back with Killian and Aqua. I don't want to be here raising my kids in such a hostile environment where they can't even go outside to play without someone trying to hurt them. This isn't what I wanted for them.

And to make things worse Joey and Zelena have been missing and I miss them oh so much. I've sent search parties out and they can't find them. I'm so alone and I hate it. I miss Killian so much, I want my husband back. I miss sleeping next to him. I miss him comforting me when I'm scared. I have nightmares every night and when I wake up I expect to see him there and he's not so I have to comfort myself. And every time I see Shane he reminds me of Killian.

What did I do to deserve this unfair life. I start to sob and that's when Shane walks back in with Leía and Liam. He then sends them to the back room and comes back to me. "I can't do this anymore Shane, I can't be queen, I'm in so much pain not only physical but emotional." He nods. "I miss Killian, I miss my Aqua, I'm tired of not living freely here." He sighs.

"I'm sorry if I sound ungrateful." Shane shakes his head. "No I get it." I continued to cry. "I can't Shane, you don't know how much my heart hurts." That's when he does something that left me in shock. He kissed me. I do the imaginable and I kiss him back. He slowly pushes me down on the bed and we continue to kiss.

That's when I groan from one of the bruises and Shane gasps then slowly backs away. "I'm sorry Emma, I didn't mean.." I shake my head. "No it's ok, I get it." He sighs. "You're not the only one suffering, every time I see you, you remind me of Alana." I gasp. God I was so selfish. "I'm so sorry Shane." He half smiles.

"No it's ok." I sigh. "You know you never told me about who she really is, just that she appeared from the sea and then disappeared back to the sea." He sighs. "I think she was your older sister." I chuckle. "I don't have an older sister." He nods. "Yes you do." I gasp. "Let me show you something." I nod. He walks out then comes in with a box. He opens it and there's a letter.

"Her majesties Queen Snow and King David think their baby had died but we stole the baby to later ask for ransom but now she's grown up to be a beautiful woman and we sent her to you as a gift." I gasp.

"What the hell?" He nods. "I didn't like the fact that they treated her like property, I gave her back her liberty but she decided to stay. But like I said she did come from the sea." I nod. "After time we fell in love with each other and God she was the woman of my dreams but then she disappeared one night and my people found out that she had disappeared back into the sea." I gasp.

"So I just assumed they came back for her." I gasp. "So I have an older sister?" He nods. "I'm sorry Shane." He sighs. "It's ok but I understand your point of view, we didn't have kids well none that I know of." I sigh. "Shane I'm so sorry." He nods. "It's ok Emma, just know that you're not alone, I'm suffering just like you are." I sigh.

"Have you ever wondered what we did to deserve such an unfair life?" He sighs. "I think about that every day." I gasp. "Really?" He nods. "I just came to the conclusion that I'm an evil man and I deserve this life." I sigh. "But you're not." He nods. "Well life or destiny whatever you call it thinks I am." I sigh. "Then that means I am too." He sighs.

"I'm not trying to kill your hope Emma, but it's easier living with the fact that one will never be happy and that it's better to live as an evil person." I nod. "Well I am your queen I think it's time I take my position as an evil queen." He sighs and nods. "It's best to not be hurt all the time Emma." I nod.

"Well I'll be back have to go check on the people." I nod. That's when I walk to the back room and I see Leía and Liam asleep. My how do I love these kiddos. I promise that from now on I will be the worst queen to ever reign, I will be evil and wicked. The only people who I will be nice to will be my children and Shane. Everyone else will have to deal with my wrath, a woman dealing with an unfair life.