"Life's not good when you frown."

Everett Amelia------------------

Everett
Amelia
------------------

"Hey.."

Amelia can hear the sadness in his voice.

"Hey, you alright there?"

"No..I'm not..honestly."

"Aw, how come?"

"I got a bad test grade.."

"What subject?"

"English, my favorite subject." Everett scoffed in disbelief.

"Ev, I know it's your favorite subject, but are you any good at it?" Amelia didn't exactly know how to comfort him.

"Yeah! I am! I'm not trying to sound egotistical but I always get the top grades in the class." At this point, Everett's whining like a toddler.

"It's because I couldn't sleep last night. I was up all night tossing and turning freaking out about the test."

"You should've called. It's what the Insomnia Helpline is for, ya know? To help you fall asleep," she sighed.

"I know, I know," he grumbled.

"Hey! No need to give me that attitude Mr." She scolded him like a mother scolding a young boy for taking a cookie without permission. Her voice made the corners of Everett's mouth go up a bit.

"Life's not good when you frown. You'll end up looking like a clown. Doo doo do doo doo."

Everett doesn't know if it was her offkey voice or the silly song that made him feel better, but he ends up laughing.

"What was that?" He asked in between breaths while laughing.

"It's a song my grandpa used to always sing to me when I was feeling sad."

The silence lingered in the air, but it was a comfortable silence.

"Thank you," Everett finally said.

"For what?" She was truly curious to as why he said "thank you."

"For being the first and probably last reason of my smile today."

"Oh Everett," she said softly. "You don't need to thank me for that. We're friends, it's my job to make you smile."

"Well then, thank you for being my friend and doing your job."

"Anytime, Everett, anytime."

That was the first time that week that Everett could sleep.

----------------------------------------------A/N : HAPPY EASTER!! I decided I couldn't wait so even though I said I'd update when I got 600, here's an update for 500!! Thank you! I love you all and I hope you enjoy that little gif of Everett (; &...

A/N : HAPPY EASTER!! I decided I couldn't wait so even though I said I'd update when I got 600, here's an update for 500!! Thank you! I love you all and I hope you enjoy that little gif of Everett (; && it took me so long because I wanted that gif on top but it wouldn't work smh. I'll update soon b/c SPRING BREAK BABY!! (((: see ya next time.

This is ash-wipe, signing off.