Merry Christmas To Me

Christmas

Christmas. A day that came once a year. A day that was supposed to bring families together. That statement can't be said for everyone for example, me. Christmas was a day that I dreaded each year, I looked at it as something dreadful rather than resplendent. I never experienced the 'lovely family christmas' like most people did. I was always isolated and alone during occasions like this and it was growing old and unamusing, but there wasn't much I could do about it. Coming back to reality I realized I was still in the dingy hospital wearing the dingy hospital gown. I got up from the creaky old bed and walked down to the Slytherin Common Room. Thankfully no one was lounging in the dark room because I was certainly not in the state to be bothered. I walked up the old stairs and walked down the hall until I reached the room with my name, along with my roommates, engraved on it. I waltzed up to the bathroom door and turned on the shower. Soon enough the small bathroom was clouded with steam from the hot shower water. I tried not to scrub too hard in fear of opening up the now sealed cuts scattered amongst my pale body. After my body had turned into an almost life sized raisin I declared that that was my cue to finish up. I twisted the squeaky silver water knob off and exited the bathroom. I roamed through my designated drawer and picked out what I thought was appropriate to wear, which was nothing more than a grey sweater with leggings. In all honesty I felt like I was in thrall to this day. It made me feel like I was demanded to feel unwanted and unloved and nothing more. So, here I am sulking in my self pity on Christmas day.