Feelings? What Are Those?

It has been a month since I found out about my family's death and things have only gotten worse, besides the fact that I passed the O

It has been a month since I found out about my family's death and things have only gotten worse, besides the fact that I passed the O.W.Ls with all O's. Other than that nothing has been going right for anyone in the world, not just the wizarding world. Muggle families were being killed left and right, same with some wizarding families. Many students have been slaughtered as well, which is a shame. The Ministry of Magic has been working day and night to defeat Voldemort and his army, which has only seemed to make things worse. According to the Daily Prophet Newspaper Voldemort and his army are going to target Hogwarts next, which has caused a lot of chaos amongst the remaining students. Most of the Slytherin students have joined Voldemort in fear, whereas I decided not to become like those cowardly students. I've teamed up with Lily Evans, the Marauders, and other Gryffindor students to find a way to fight in the war that is soon to come. Right now we were practising defensive spells in the Gryffindor Common Room, I was paired up with a short redheaded girl named Molly Prewett.

"Expelliarmus," Molly shouted for the tenth time trying to disarm me of my wand, but it hasn't been working for her.

"Molly...don't try too hard on it...just let it flow right out of you...if that makes sense," I encouraged Molly trying to help as much as I could.

"Okay...you can do this Molly...just let it flow...expelliarmus," once she said the spell my wand flew out of my small hand into her delicate one. I gave her a reassuring smile and a pat on the back. We continued on until we performed the disarming spell perfectly. Once everyone did it with ease we got dismissed. The leaders of this whole meeting thing was of course the Marauders, but who could blame them pretty much everyone in the school adored them, so people would automatically join if the Marauders were in charge. I was about to exit the Common Room until I was grabbed by the shoulder. I looked up to see Sirius looking down at me with a stupid grin. I cocked my head to the side wondering what he was grinning for.

"I saw what you did for Molly Prewett...who knew a Slytherin could be nice to a Gryffindor?" Sirius said.

"I did," I heard from across the room, the voice belonged to the angelic Lily Evans. This caused Sirius to make an unamused face that I tried not to laugh at, but failed. My 'bell' laugh echoed through the room causing a few remaining students to turn towards me with a look of both shock and surprise. I tried to quiet my laughter with a lot of struggle, but I managed to contain myself. Lily and Sirius were staring at me with adoration in their eyes, which was a bit awkward.

"Beautiful isn't it," said Remus from the couch. I glared at him and childishly stuck my tongue out, which caused him to laugh and continue talking to James and Peter. I looked back to my side to see Sirius still staring and Lily walking towards the couch towards the other Marauders.

"Umm Sirius...it would be nice if you didn't stare," I said looking up at the winsome boy. He almost immediately looked away with a faint rosy blush spread across his ivory cheeks, muttering a quiet sorry. I small smile took its place upon my lips and I noticed my face growing hot.

"You know Elly...since we started these little meetings I...started to develop feeling for you more and more. You've started to reveal yourself to us...your true self. Not the emotionless Slytherin that everyone thinks you are, but a beautiful girl that I'm lucky to call my friend and hopefully more. I completely understand if you don't share these feelings I just wanted to make sure I told you before it was too late," Sirius concluded looking away. In all honesty I didn't know what to say I obviously had some type of liking for Sirius, but to be in a relationship during this time is a bit much.

"Sirius...I do like you, more than I'd like to admit actually. It's just that a relationship at a time like this would feel a little stressful. I would love more than anything to call you mine, but right now we should focus more on defeating Voldemort don't you think?" I asked hoping he wouldn't be angry with my decision.

"I completely understand Elly and you're right we should have all of our attention on that evil bastard, but just know I'll be waiting for you whenever you're ready," he said whilst turning and smiling at me to which I returned.

"How cute you two are," said Lily from the couch. "Now if you two are done confessing your dying love for one another, why don't you come join us?" asked Remus from across Lily. We both walked up to the group and for once I felt at ease with my life. This moment is possibly one of the happiest of my life.