Chapter Thirty-One - Exodus

Though they escaped the hangman's noose, with Cair Paravel's glittering castle at the edge of the other side of the world and their memories of Snow fading at every mile apart, landing the hovercraft would be their next endeavor.

Bruce Banner hugged the control panel close to his chest, muttering almost to himself, "How far is the gateway? We don't have exactly an unlimited amount of gas, or whatever this thing runs on."

"Maybe you should take a rest," Black Widow lightly rested her fingers on his shoulder. "You seem a little tense."

If only she knew what he said about her, after the cannon rang her demise. She's dead to me now. It was all behind them, Banner thought, but something deep in the pit of the void he called a heart reminded him of his true nature. A beast despite his green alteration. A beast who discovered his animosity through a golden ring.

Tributes flocked around the Great Lion, who was being tended by Katara and Percy for his bullet wounds. His giant, green eyes, restored to its normal, playful texture, watched through the windows of the vast chamber. Trees upon trees sprouted on every side, running both sides of the flying ship. Here and there the forest gave way to a shallow creek, or a steep waterfall. 

While the others saw it as a deep, mysterious ocean of trees, Aslan knew the terrain accordingly, as though memorizing every root, soil, and body of water in Narnia.

"There's an open place to land a few minutes ahead," Aslan said. "From there, we will be a walking distance away."

Katara patched up the last wound on his side, amazed the lion never ceased his constant drawl of breaths. "I don't recommend walking, Aslan."

"I must be the one to guide my children from the horrors I have let wreak havoc," the lion purred.

Selina Kyle's sly tongue lolled imprudently speaking with the survivors from Atlanta, Georgia. "And you slaughter dozens of...walkers, on a daily basis?"

Michonne nodded, "Typically. I've always found them more useful as pets, doing my bidding at any given moment."

Selina Kyle laughed lightheartedly. "Why would I need that, when I have Mr. Wayne right here?"

Hermione, pacing about the hovercraft with her hands writhing. Her hair hung of her head in tighter curls than usual. 

"Of course, Hermione Granger still has things to worry about," said Harry, slunk inside the chair. "I'm sure Ron is waiting for you at the Burrow where you left him, unless Lavender Brown came to visit him the past few weeks."

She shot Harry a frenzied look. "My goodness! I've completely forgotten how Ron must be feeling! And Ginny! They probably thought were dead."

Ginny Weasley. Somehow Harry was certain she would be waiting for him, with her fire whiskey lips. Thinking about gave him the sensation of the fire.  "What were you fretting about, then?"

Hermione turned pink in the nose, mumbling, "I was worried where I left my wand back home."

Dr. Banner spotted the open patch of land, and slowed the air ship so it was hovering over the small pit. 

"Come on, doctor," said Jack Sparrow. "It's as simple to land this dingy as it is to dock the Pearl!"

Elizabeth Swann giggled at the presumptuous statement. "It's a shame. People believe in the Kraken, Calypso, mermaids that prey on foolish sailors, but our story will simply be a mirage from one of Jack's drinking spells."

"Mr. Gibbs better not have drained all the supplies," he said furiously. "Certainly I deserve some rum after this!"

 The hovercraft landed on its four wheels. Twenty four tributes and a talking lion perked up from their places on board. Banner, releasing all the tension on the control panel, opened the hatch, where the tributes swarmed outside. The Pevensies helped Aslan on his feet, then followed him down the ramp, holding onto him with a handful of golden mane.