CHAPTER 2.3 - Trauma

A/N: Note that the italicized sentences are Kisses's narration of her story. Enjoy!
~~~

•speichel•
memory
the mental capacity or faculty of retaining and reviving facts, events, expressions, etc

Kirsten's POV

Since that embarrassing moment in class, I promised myself that I would be tougher. I want to have a new version of myself; a version that can stand up for itself. Right now, I'm sure who my enemies are in this school. First is that bitch Allison. Not to be rude, but bitch is an understatement to describe her. She always seem to have something bad to say about me. She is the counterpart of Ysabelle Bustos, ugh how I hate her. Included in my list are her second-rate epigone. Those followers of her do nothing but patronize her and copy what she does. They are like her minions. And don't forget about Barber. In my everyday stress, he is like the cherry on top to complete it. Well, I also insult him but he never fails to annoy me.

I passed by the soccer field when I was on my way to my dorm when a ball whooshed in front of me. I got it and was about to give it back when I realized. Barber. I angrily made my way to him and threw the ball at him. Curse his reflexes for blocking it effortlessly.

"Nananadya ka ba? Kung sa tingin mo na hahayaan kong pagtripan mo ko nang hindi lumalaban, nagkakamali ka. Hindi porket anak ka ng may-ari ng university ay rerespetuhin kita! Matuto kang gumalang!" I ranted at him. His expressions are blank. Mukhang nanghahamon to ah.

"Kisses, chill. Hindi pa magaling magtagalog yan. Talk slowly." Marcus approached me, "And besides, it's my fault the ball went to your area."

"Kahit na! He's still a jerk. At hindi ako mag-aadjust para sa kanya. Nasa Pilipinas kaya magta-Tagalog ako kung gusto ko!" I angrily faced Barber.

"What?" Barber was confused, "Your face is turning red, Delavin." he pointed at my face.

"Because I'm angry at you, Barber. Learn how to speak Tagalog, jerk!" I insulted him.

Someone dragged me by the arm. It was Ate By.

"Kisses, tara na. Pabayaan mo na sila." Ate By said to me. I did not resist, he's not worth my time. Instead, I looked back and gave Barber a death glare. He gave me one of those darn smirks of his.

---------

We were walking on the lobby. "Ate By, nagstart ka na mag-aral para sa exams?" I asked.

"Hindi pa. Matagal pa kaya yun, ano ba?" she complained.

"Kasi-" I was cut off by this familiar voice with an annoying name. Allison.

"Hoy, babaeng hilaw. Ano problema mo?" she grumpily approached me. What is her problem with me this time?

"Wala. Baka utak mo meron." I was caught off-guard when she forcibly took my things and scattered it on the ground. Ate By and I picked my things up but as soon as I got up she said something that hit me really hard.

"Tumigil ka na sa kahibangan mo. Hindi kayo bagay ni Edward! Kaya lumayo ka kung ayaw mo masaktan!" she was about to slap me but a guy who looks older caught her arm.

I burst into tears and ran away not thinking of where to go. I ignored all the people in my surroundings. I want to get far away from them. My feet brought me to the rooftop. There, I cried endlessly. Someone followed me and I did not bother looking. He embraced me. Then, other two people did the same. I looked and it was Ate By, Crystal, and Marcus.

"What happened back there, Kisses?" Marcus worriedly asked.

"I said to myself I would be tougher. But it's like that day happened again." I kept on crying and they comforted me.