Goodbyes

The next day around six pm when the sun was beginning to set Meliodas was ready to go. He looked back into the cave he had spent so long in with this friend who wasn't going to live as long as him. Next time he came here it might be for her wedding. Maybe to meet her kids. Or probably her funeral. As he turned to leave he came face to face with Migas. Her large now green eyes were large and teary. She handed him a bag of money.
"For your first week away." She smiled. Mel grinned and put it in his back pocket.
"Thanks." Mel smiled before being pulled into a hug. Migas held her friend tightly. Mel stood there for a moment in shocked before hugging her back.
"Don't you dare die on me." She told him. Mel giggled.
"Don't worry. I don't plan on doing that for a while." He joked before the hug broke off. Meliodas walked away into the forest surrounding the cave as Migas waved goodbye from the cave entrance. The sun seemed to beam the sky behind him. His short blond hair shining in the light. The sun made it easy to see Mel from the cave. The same was for Mel. Migas was clearly visible standing outside the cave. The light seemingly bounced off of her making it look as if she was a goddess using her power. Mel waved goodbye while walking backwards into the orange leaves woods until his friend was out of view. After that he just keeps his eyes froward on the path ahead of him.
Soon the sky grew dark with stars lighting up the sky. Yet, the large full moons was what lit up the rest of the world showing him which way to go. As Meliodas climbed a large hill covered in tall trees he turned around to see the outline of the cave. You could see it as plain as day. Well at least you could see some of it from behind at tree. Maybe he'd be able to see it better from the top of the hill since there wasn't any trees there. Well he thought right. You could see it as clear as day from the top of the hill. Meliodas's heart stopped beating for a single moment. He quickly rubbed his eyes to make sure he wasn't just seeing things. Unfortunately he wasn't. The cave really was on fire. There was smoke was surrounding the sky around the large cave.
"NO!" he screamed running back down the hill as fast as he could back to the cave. He had to make it in time. No way he was burying his friend today.
"MIGAS!" Meliodas screamed running into the cave. All he could see was flames everywhere. Well that and a holy knight wearing fire coloured armour. The knight picked something off of the ground and held it in the air. This knight seemed to involved in what she was doing to notice him.
"Where is he?" The female knight asked as she raised a bruised Migas above the flames. Migas coughed up black smoke as she tried to break free of the woman's grip. Her green eyes had turned back to the colour brown. She looked terrified.
"For the last time I don't know who you're talking about!" Migas cried.
"Yes, you do. I saw that you brought Meliodas the demon prince to Katie's wedding so, I'll ask one more time before throwing you into the flames where I'll watch you burn to death. Where is he?" She asked her grip tightening on Migas robe. Migas had tears in her eyes because she knew no matter what Ember wouldn't believe her.
"I don't know." Migas stated. Ember let out a scream of anger before throwing Migas into the wall behind them. Her eyes were filled with hatred as Migas passed out on the floor with flames beginning to surround her. Meliodas walked felt anger begin to rise up in him. Black lines appeared on his skin as his eyes turned black. His birthmark was now visible on his forehead.
"HEY FLAME FOR BRAINS!" Mel screamed making Ember turn around. Quickly she dug out her sword.
"Looking for me?" He asked. Ember charged after him with her blade. Mel dodged it by sliding to the left side. She let out a scream of anger and ran at him again. This happened two more times. The last time she charged though she ended up leaving a tiny cut on his cheek. As Ember got into her ready stance Meliodas realized her legs were far enough to slide under. Which by the way he did seconds later. Ember stood there for a moment looking right in front of her where she had last seen Meliodas. She hadn't noticed what he had done or where he had gone. Meanwhile as she stood there completely still looking for him Mel picked up his friend. Her eyes opened for a single moment. She began to cough.
"M-Mel? W-what happened to your cheek?" She asked before another cough came out of her mouth.
"It's okay. I'm gonna get us outta here alive." He smiled getting up with his friend in his arms. With that he began to carry her out of the cave. As the reached the entrance of the cave Ember saw them and charged again. Only to have her sword caught by a black eyed Meliodas. His right arm was around Migas while his left had was holding onto the blade. As his grip tightened the blade smashed into thousands of pieces. Ember stared at him in fear. Mel continued walking away wrapping his left arm around his hurt friend.
"Follow us and your dead." He stated looking at Ember one more time with a black eyed death glare before heading back into the forest.
Soon they were on the other side of the hill outside of town that Meliodas hadn't calmed down yet. His eyes were still as black as ever. Since Migas had lost focus during the fire escape fiasco her eyes were once again as green as Meliodas's.
"Mel." Migas stated. He didn't look at her. Mel just continued walking. Migas looked at her friend's normal calming green eyes. They were still black.
"Mel." She repeated. He just kept walking.
"Meliodas!" Migas stated louder making Mel snap out of what ever what was going on. His eyes were back to green. He looked down at his friend who was still in his arms. She had a large bruise on her left check and above her right eye. Yet, there were only burns on the bottom of her robe. Her almost identical green eyes met his.
"I can walk." She stated. Mel calmed down a lot more realizing nothing that bad happened to her. She was after all his only friend.
"Okey dokey Angel." Meliodas smiled putting her down. She stood up almost instantly. Migas looked behind them.
"What did I ever do to deserve that?" She asked her self out loud quietly. Mel looked at his friend. Her eyes began to get all teary. She quickly whipped them away.
"Guess this means your stuck with me, Angel." Mel smiled trying to get her mind off of it. Migas looked at him. The exact moment her eyes fell on him she seemed to smile.
"Yeah. I won't have to be alone and I'll get to travel the world." She seemed a bit more happy now.
"Well let the adventure begin." Mel smiled walking off. Migas stood back and looked back over the hill. Did no one else care enough to try and save her? After all she did for them no one cared. Maybe Hella was right. Humans maybe were as horrible as Medusa made them out to be.
"Angel ya coming?" Mel yelled from up ahead. Migas shook her head. She wasn't going to think about that now.
"Coming!" She screamed as she ran ahead joining Meliodas.
"I don't suppose you know of anywhere we could go first?" He asked.
"Don't you have plans?" She asked him as the walking pass a large rock that seemed to be coming out of the ground. Mel put his arms behind his head and looked at her with a grin.
"Nope. I was just going to go see around the world before looking for where the demons have gone." He sighed.
"Well, I have an old friend we could go visit but, there's one thing you gotta promise you're not going to do." She stated walking next to her friend.
"What's that?"
"Don't look into her eyes."
"Why?"
"Just don't."
"Okay. What ever floats your boat." He smiled before throwing a leaf that he had grabbed as they fell from the trees while they had been walking. Migas looked shocked at the leaves. What were these? Then she looked up to see that these were leaves. Leave fell? How interesting. Well they didn't seem to cause any damage right now. So she grabbed some off of the ground and threw them at Meliodas making him laugh. Soon the two of them were running threw the woods in the dark of night throwing leaves at each other. All that could be heard was their loud laughter.