Part Fifteen: High School (Castiel's pov)

He's the most popular boy in school, a sexy jock with perfect everything, Dean Winchester is everything to me but he only thinks of me as a mere classmate. I assumed right in the first moment our eyes met that he's surely straight. We've been 'friends' since freshman year and he has dated the same girl the entire time, Charlie Bradbury used to be my best friend until Dean came around in the eighth grade as soon as they met they were inseparable. They've been together ever since though nobody has ever seen them make out I'm sure they do those things in private. I always thought Charlie liked girls but maybe she was just confused, anyways her and Dean's relationship has really effected ours. I mean I met Dean first I liked him first and she stole him right from underneath me. I would like to talk to her about it but I never get the chance, she's always latched to Dean's side where I'd like to be. When I get to school I do what I usually do in going to class super early so I can sit there fantasizing alone in the quiet darkness of the science lab. Instead when I come inside I find Charlie sobbing quietly with her head hidden in her arms on the desk, I approach her tentatively in silence and gently place a hand on her shoulder. "Dean-Dean.." Charlie calls out without looking up from the desk. I immediately panick and regret all of my actions leading to this moment. Before I can slip away she reaches out her arm and grabs my hand, "Dean...I took your advice, I asked Jo on a date.." She cries out between sobs, "She doesn't like me Dean, she likes you..." Charlie says quietly. I continue trying to get away but she only squeezes my hand even tighter in response, "Now everybody's gonna know about us!!"She says warily. I want to know so badly just what she's talking about because I really don't understand the situation I mean if Dean told her to ask out Jo then I must've been right about Charlie liking girls but then why would she and Dean be dating? Unless Dean is just pretending to date Charlie but why would he do that? My thoughts are suddenly interrupted as Charlie finally looks up to see me instead of Dean, "W-what the hell are you doing here??" Charlie questions  apprehensively. I widen my eyes at her not knowing what to say, "I-I-I'm so sorry Charlie, I came in here and you were crying so I just tried to comfort you but then you thought I was Dean and you just kept talking..I'm so sorry please don't hate me, I won't tell anybody I promise!!" I say quickly before Charlie stands up and silences me by putting a finger to my lips, "Okay! Jeez Cas...well I guess it's high time we talked about all this then...might as well let you into the loop.." "Loop?" I mutter out while tilting my head in confusion. "Yeah well..it all started when I met Dean, ya see it didn't take me more than five minutes alone with the guy to know for sure that he's gay and well you know the saying..it takes one to know one..so that weekend we devised a plan at his house to pretend to be dating until both of us found someone to set the other up with. It wasn't hard for me to find someone for Dean I mean obviously..you two would be perfect together.." Charlie explains excitedly. My eyes widen with shock and my jaw falls slack as I absorb her words and nod quietly, "So wait, You wanted to set me up with Dean and he's gay?!?" I ask shook with excitement and fear. This can't be real, "Calm down but yeah he's had a huge crush on you since he first saw you but he's been waiting to help me find somebody..that's where Jo comes in but as you can see that didn't work out.." "Charlie..I can set you up..I have like three sisters you know, one of them is bound to be gay.." I say in a pleased tone causing Charlie to hug me before nodding with a big happy smile. We both jump excitedly as I get out my phone and frantically text Gabriel to get over here and help us. It takes him no seconds to show up looking just as excited as us. He informs us that Anna will be a wonderful solution so we try and it works thankfully. Once I finish watching them exchange numbers I send Gabe to class and decide to go wait for Dean. As soon as Dean walks into the front doors of the school I grab him by his arm and pull him into the nearest supply closet. Before he has the chance to retaliate or even speak I forcefully shove him against the wall and press my lips against his own in a passionate kiss. After a moment he reluctantly pushes me away before swiftly pinning me against the wall, he looks at me with pouted lips in confusion while looking deeply into my eyes. Just when I think he's about to punch me he suddenly pulls me into a deep kiss with his body pressed entirely against my own.