Chapter 1

We're all in the same game, Just different levels. Dealing with the same hell, Just different devils.

Xavier's POV

I sat in my office fuming. I had been in a meeting with my dad discussing a security breach, but somehow marriage just happened to pop up. We've been arguing about that topic for years; he said I was dishonoring the family name by rejecting the woman I was to marry. I was nothing but a disgrace to him.

I clenched my fists remembering my father's words.

I'm 23, and I still can't make decisions for myself. My whole life has been planned out for me. I couldn't even decide who I was going marry.

I wasn't against marrying someone cause I wanted to marry for love or any of that crap. I just wanted to be able to make my own decisions for once, choose my path.

I was being forced to play a role that was slowly killing my humanity.

My thoughts come to an abrupt ending when my office door is slammed open. My father walks in fuming.

"You need a wife!" He yells. I roll my eyes at his childish outburst. "For the last time, I don't need a woman," I respond calmly trying to keep my rage in check.

"Yes you do, you're just so caught up in those sluts you sleep with every night, you fail to see the mistake you're making. This business has a been going strong for more than 35 years, and I'm not going to sit down and watch you ruin it!" I scoff that's all he cared about his precious business.

"And who told you I want to take over the family business?" I ask. "I don't care if you want to or not you will-" His response is cut short by a knock on the door.

"Come in," My father calls. One of my men walks in.

"Sorry to intrude but we've found the traitor, he's down in the torture room," He says and, I nod at him telling him I'll be down.

"This conversation is not over," My father growls and walks out.

I need to fixate all this anger on someone else, and I feel that traitor will be my lucky guy.

************

"No please give me another chance," my traitor begged. He should have known better, no one betrays me and gets away with it.

I look at his bruised and bloody face; he thought he could steal my money and get away with it. "You know what happens to traitors," I say and circle him playing with the knife in my hand, he looks up at me fear clear in his eyes. I keep my knife in my pocket, and I smirk at his fear, I like knowing people are scared of me. I like knowing I'm in control.

"Please, I have a family, children. Please don't kill me," he begs and tries to grab my hand, but I step away from him. I look at the man lying on the floor in front of me and let out a wicked laugh.

Does he think that is going to stop me from killing him? I've learned the only way to survive in this business is to be heartless, to show no mercy...to become a cold, heartless monster. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

I look him straight in the eyes and say,"I don't give a damn about your family, you betrayed me, and you will pay the price and don't worry I'll make sure to tell your children that their daddy is a lying bastard."

"No No Please!" he pleads. I grab my knife from my pocket and stab his shoulder. I watch as he screams in pain, I twist the knife causing him more pain. I step away from him and look at my men,"Boys have fun with him cut out his tongue, rip off his fingernails. I don't care, but I want him dead by morning," I say and leave.

"PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME HERE PLEASE." I ignore his cries for help and continue walking. I hear him scream in agony as I exit the door with a wicked smirk on my face.

I need a drink.

Author's Note

Heyyyy so what do you guys think? Do you like it so far?

What do you think of Xavier?

And thank you so much for reading my book, it means the world to me.

Snow_Fox2000 Daina-ann WindyWinter he_he_ simbaze niam-s18 norapanda6 thanks so much for all your support