Chapter 7

They say 'follow your heart' but if your heart is in a million pieces which piece do you follow.

Violet's POV

The car ride was long, silent and stressful. I didn't know where we were going; the men refused to tell us. Bella and Livia fell asleep a few hours into the ride, but I couldn't sleep. My mind found no rest, all I could think of was what waited for us in this new chapter of our lives.

I've never been the optimistic type. I couldn't pretend everything was going to be alright when I knew well that our lives were in danger.

The car jolts, snapping me out of my thoughts. One of the men in the front seat turns back and looks at me with a glare on his face, "We're here," he sneers. I nod and nudge Bella and Livia waking them up.

We get our stuff and step out of the car. I stare in awe at the building in front of me. It towered over my small figure as if trying to intimidate me, it's peach paint shone as the sun beat own onto. I notice a marble fountain towards the right side of the yard. "Wow," Bella gasped.

"Come with me," one of the men beckons. We follow behind him; he leads into the mansion, the cream linoleum floor glowed, a doorway was on either side of the room. The walls were a beautiful dark blue color this place must have like a thousand rooms. The man leaves us in a place I'm assuming is the living room.

We stand there in silence until Livia speaks, "What the hell are we waiting for?" she questions.

"Us," a voice says. We turn around and see two men. One had dirty blonde hair, baby blue eyes, and a beautiful smile. The man next to him smokey black eyes, chestnut-colored hair and a playboy smirk.

"I'm Ace, and this is my friend Caden," the blonde one states. "We'll be showing you to your working grounds."

"Working grounds?" I ask. "Yes working grounds, you three will be working here as maids,"Caden states.

"Follow us," Ace beckons leading us to a hallway.

"You three will be sharing a room; your rooms are the second door to the left and Violet, Mr. Valentine wants you in his office to discuss some issues,"Caden states

"You'll be escorted to this his office by one of our men." With that the two men leave, leaving Bella, Livia and I looking at each other in shock.

"Why do you think he wants to see you?" Bella questions.

"How am I supposed to know, I don't read minds," I answer.

"We might want to get into our rooms before we discuss this," Livia mumbles. I nod and walk over to the door Caden had talked about and open it.

The room had two beds, a couch, a window that had a fantastic view of the forest near the house and an elegant bathroom.

I set my things next to the couch and throw myself onto it, letting out a sigh. "You two can have the beds, I want this sofa," I say.

I get up from the couch, getting ready to change into something more appropriate to see Mr. Valentine. I'm about to get undressed when I hear a knock on the door. A scary looking man walks in and looks at me, "Mr. Valentine is ready to see you," he states.

I nod and walk over to him. He turns and starts walking, and I follow behind him with my head down. So many thoughts were swirling through my mind.

My nerves were going crazy. I'm so lost in my thoughts I don't realize we've reached the master's office. The man looks at me one last time with a glare before he turns and leaves.

I gulp and knock on the door. "Come in," a gruff, masculine voice calls. I open and step in with my head down; I didn't dare look at the face of my capture.

I stand there in silence, with each passing minute my nerves just messed grow more and more. "Look at me," my captor orders.

I slowly bring my head up, and I'm in absolute shock at who I see.

The man from the club.

He smirks at my reaction, "I take it you remember me," he walks over to me stopping in front of me.

Of course, I remembered him; he was forever engraved in my mind after what we had done. "How rude of me I never told you my name, I'm Xavier," he says

"Why am I here? Do you have some sick plan to kill me?" I ask getting a bit bold.

He laughs at my question, "No darling I don't plan on killing you," he answers wrapping his hands around my waist. "But I would really love to continue where we left off at the club," he whispers.

My body goes rigid at his touch, it didn't feel the same way it did when we were in the club. Now I knew he was dangerous and he could hurt me and that made me terrified of him.

I didn't have good memories of being touched by men and he was five times the size of every man I had seen which meant he could do five times the harm.

My nerves take over my body and I being to shake in fear. "Please don't hurt me," I whisper.

He looks up at me and he loosens his grip on my waist. I take this opportunity to get out of his grasp. I clumsily try to get away from him and I stumble landing on the floor.

I curl myself in a ball, still shaking in fear. "Please don't hurt me," I sniffled, silent tears falling down my face.

Xavier leaves the room and comes back a few minutes later with Bella and Livia.

They kneel beside me and wrap their arms around me.

"Don't let her put me back there, don't let her make them hurt me. I'll be good I promise," I sob.

Author's Note

Alright there you have it. What are your thought on the chapter.

You guys need to check out Mirror Mirror by Twinning94 it's an amazing book and it will leave you speechless and craving more.

Vote and comment 🤗