Chapter 15

The darkest people often hold the brightest light in their hearts.

Violet's POV

Darkness. Death.

I used to be afraid of the dark, I used to hate nightmares until I started living one. I've learned to hide in the shadows, just me and my fears. I've found the madness and pain they keep me sane. I don't want to be normal or happy, I'm okay with being broken.

Now the darkness is my only escape.

I slowly opened my eyes. I looked down at my body and find I'm in different clothes. I'm in a different room too, it had a queen size bed which I lay on in the middle of the room. The room was painted red and black, it looked beautiful.

I recollect the events that happened before I fainted. I wonder how Jax explained my fainting, I wondered if he touched me after I fainted a shiver runs down my spine at the thought of it. The door opens I'm expecting Bella or Livia to walk in but Xavier walks in.

His eyes widen once he sees me, "Thank God you are finally awake, everyone was worried sick," he said rushing over to me. I'm surprised at his actions, he sounds like he actually cares. "Do you actually care Xavier or is this another one of your stupid games?" I snapped.

I didn't know where that came from all of a sudden I was angry, at everything and everyone. I was angry at Xavier because if he hadn't taken me I would have never met Jax again.

He looks away from me, his jaw tightened. When he doesn't answer my question I assume he's just playing games with me. I get up from the bed which is a bad idea, once I stand from the bed the room starts spinning, I fall to the ground landing on my butt.

Xavier rushes to my side, picks me up and lays me on the bed. We sat in silence for a while till he said, "I'm not playing games with you. I do care." I was going to ask why he cared because it didn't make sense but instead I nodded.

"Besides I'm your only guy friend, I'm supposed to care," he said with a huge grin.

I smile, "You're not my only guy friend," I said, "I have Caden and Ace."

"Violet you've hurt me," he said while holding his chest. I giggle, "But I'm your bestest guy friend," he states, I giggled again.

"You sound like a child," I said. The door opens, Livia and Bella walk in. Xavier stands up and steps away from me. "That's my cue to leave," he said and exited the room.

"What happened V?" Bella asked.

"If that Jax dude did anything to you I swear I'll end him," Livia declared.

I smile a little, even though we are in a tough situation it is nice to know I have friends I can count on. "Jax touched me, I panicked and fainted," I replied lowly.

The thought of his hands on my body made me shiver. "I'm sorry," Bella said. I've always hated that phrase, saying sorry doesn't fix the problem. I hated the pity in people's eyes when the said it to someone who has been through something tragic.

"V we've got something to tell you," Livia said.

Bella glares at her. "She going to find out anyway," Livia said.

"What is it?" I question. Livia opens her mouth to speak then turns to Bella as if seeking for approval to tell me what is going on.

Bella sighs "Fine tell her."

Lives takes a seat next to me and begins to speak, "Bella and I went to the cabin again we looked through Rose's files, we noticed one name appeared a lot, the name is Maria Sanchez. We thought it looked suspicious so we decided to check her out, Bella asked Xavier's friend Ace for a laptop, he was more than happy to help he gave her the laptop in no time. I worked my hacker magic and found some information on Maria Sanchez." Livia stops talking and looks at me with sad eyes. "I also found a picture of her."